AIR CONDITIONING ESTIMATOR - HASTINGS - UP TO £35K BASIC SALARY DOE
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a well-established, successful and expanding Air Conditioning company based in Hastings .
The company delivers quality heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) services from design, installation, maintenance and servicing to a varied range of customers nationwide. They are now looking for an enthusiastic Air Conditioning Estimator to join their friendly and professional team.
My Client is offering a competitive package with on-going training, plus a clear career path with the ability to increase your earning potential as you progress.
The Ideal Candidate must have:
- Working knowledge of all types of air conditioning systems, particularly DX - Split, VRF, Hybrid, Heat Pump Boilers, etc.
- Working knowledge of associated controls, interfaces, energy efficiency systems, etc.
- Some knowledge of ventilation systems, including familiarisation with airflow/volumes, sizing of grilles, fans, AHUs, etc.
- A familiarisation with 'wet’ systems and plumbing would be an advantage.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, schedules and specifications.
- Awareness of HVAC/CIBSE guidelines and current legislation.
- Assisting the Estimating & Design Manager with a range of design and estimating procedures
- Assessing, reading and interpreting initial enquiries, tender documents, etc.
- Visiting site and talking to customers to assess premises/areas for application.
- Obtaining relevant quotations and information from suppliers.
- Calculation of air conditioning loads and design of appropriate system(s) to suit varied applications.
- Calculation of ventilation requirements and design of appropriate system(s) to suit varied applications.
- Costings and calculations associated with the supply and installation of systems.
- Putting together quotations and tender submissions along with schedules of rates, technical submissions, schedules, etc. as required.
- Following up on submitted tenders and building relationships with customers to further conversion of tenders to orders.
- Handing over of converted projects to Project Managers
- Good level of maths / numeracy / literacy
- Familiarisation with computers and good keyboard skills
- Attention to detail and presentation
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Driving licence
Once projects are running the following will also be required
- Revisions of design, schedules and technical submissions as the project evolves
- Additional tenders, quotations and calculations associated with project variations
To further your knowledge of how this company works in air conditioning, you may also be required to work on site for a period of time, assisting with installations.
MY CLIENT IS SHORTLISTING FOR INTERVIEWS SO PLEASE APPLY TODAY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
*Chalfont Careers are acting as an employment agency with regards to this position
- Air Conditioning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job