Agricultural Banking Underwriter
Our client is a growing bank with a fantastic, innovative proposition with a genuinely market leading product suite & sustainable approach to lending. Due to their ongoing growth the company now seeks an Agricultural Banking Underwriter to join their busy Credit team. The bank has a real desire to support the Agricultural landscape, & the successful applicant will share this ethos.
Purpose of the Agricultural Banking Underwriter;
The Agricultural Banking Underwriter will be responsible for credit risk activities, including underwriting Agricultural lending deals, will ensure appropriate security is held, will support on compliance matters and will assist with default & recoveries.
The Agricultural Banking Underwriter will ensure that all lending is conducted on sound credit, commercial and professional principles. You will place the customer at the heart of your activities & support the bank in achieving it’s objectives whilst maintaining a framework of effective controls.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing, innovative organisation with an actual appetite to support UK Agricultural business, & with real scope for ongoing progression & development.
Background of the Agricultural Banking Underwriter:
The successful candidate will ideally have worked in an Agricultural Underwriting role or will have credit underwriting experience & an element of Agriculture in their background such as having worked as an Agricultural RM or similar. Our client is also happy to consider candidates from a translatable background such as Agricultural Accountancy or similar.
Responsibilities of the Agricultural Banking Underwriter:
- Implement the credit lending strategy of the Bank in line with the Board’s risk appetite, credit risk policies, and corporate governance.
- Maintain robust lending standards and practice, including compliance with industry guidelines and statutory regulations & requirements.
- Work with colleagues to implement Board and Committee decisions.
- Exercise a personal sanctioning authority with diligence and care ensuring file records/risk reports include the degree of risk involved in extending credit with clear, concise and rational recommendations for the credit decision and prepare papers for those transactions requiring higher authority decisioning, e.g. Head of Credit or Chief Risk Officer decision.
- Review existing transactions periodically to include the evaluation of payment history, purchase activity, credit reference agency reports, security analysis, market / distributor intelligence and prepare recommendations for the renewal of internal credit ratings / facilities.
- Monitor default activity, and if required, participate in recoveries cases for the Bank.
- Liaise with sales, sales support etc as necessary to optimise the customer experience.
- Participate in ongoing personal development to deliver on business/personal objectives.
Core skills, Knowledge and experience of the Agricultural Banking Underwriter
Experience & Qualification:
- Academic background in a numerate discipline or equivalent work experience appropriate to the role.
- SME/Corporate lending/credit risk experience within a Bank or Asset Lender.
- Minimum 3 years Credit Risk/Lending experience with time spent analysing and interpreting financial statements/data from a variety of sources.
- Experience of operating under a tiered mandate structure and holding a lending mandate.
- A knowledge of Credit Risk and Lending in the Banking Industry and/or knowledge of the Agricultural sector, the various product offerings, types of funding facilities available, and security procedures.
- Understanding of risk appetite and risk management frameworks.
- An understanding of compliance and banking regulations including Conduct Risk and how to deliver fair customer outcomes.
- Ability to use appropriate Lending systems and knowledge of Credit Reference Agencies products.
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and reporting skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your banking experience within a dynamic growing organisation & to be part of their increasingly successful story.
For more information about the Agricultural Banking Underwriter role or to apply send your CV now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'