New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for an Agile Product Owner to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent contract with a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as our Agile Product Owner
The Product Owner acts as a bridge between our clients and development teams, keeping the clients abreast of the project status day by day, you’ll work in close collaboration with developers, business development managers, testers, and business analysts to deliver high-quality software, which is a pleasure to use. Although we value self-organising teams, the Product Owner will often find their natural leadership skills called upon as they take responsibility for ensuring that software is delivered on time, on budget - and in a way, that meets the business expectations.
This is a rewarding, creative and challenging role, which demands, resourcefulness, visionary thinking, initiative, and good problem-solving skills. If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Agile Product Owner
- Recent record of accomplishment in rapid delivery of ideas and innovations to market in an Agile / Lean Start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excellent knowledge and experience in stakeholder involvement, customer engagement, servant leadership, situational awareness
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for effective product backlog management and product planning in an agile environment.
- Experience of working in an agile environment with an understanding of the Scrum framework
- Appreciation of self-organisation and experience in getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Track record of continued and recent education in Product Ownership, Scrum, through training, conferences, user groups, self-study
- First level Scrum Product Owner certification (PSPO I, CSPO)
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Second or third level Product Owner certification (PSPO II, PSPO III)
- Experience being a Product Owner in a scaled Scrum environment
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile and Lean techniques: Impact mapping, Customer segmentation and Customer journey mapping, Story mapping, Business Model Canvas, Empathy mapping, Value proposition canvas, etc.
- Considerable experience of the Insurance Industry business practice and Insurance trends
Benefits of becoming our Agile Product Owner
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click ‘apply’ today to become our Agile Product Owner! We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job