CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 29 March 2018, SALARY = £60-75,000 per annum
Technology - Development
Trainline is the world’s leading independent digital rail platform. We sell tickets worldwide on behalf of 86 train companies, helping our customers make more than 125,000 journeys every day in and across 24 countries. We are a one-stop shop for rail travel, bringing together major train companies onto one platform, providing our customers with a complete set of travel options and offering unique, AI driven travel information and recommendations.
In the next chapter for Trainline, App usability and functionality will grow further, making rail travel smarter than ever, more mobile ticketing routes are set to launch, and expansion into Europe will make travel across international borders a reality. We are also growing our adjacent products to rail and offering customers smarter journeys for example across coach, hotels and insurance. Our aim is to build best in breed web & mobile applications which will ensure we maintain our position as one of the UK’s leading mobile travel / retail apps.
To achieve this, we are now looking for an Agile Developer based in our London office to be part of the product development team where you will contribute to the design and implementation of our software.
What you'll be working on
- Consistently deliver against the product and engineering roadmaps
- Always support your code all the way to production, ensuring it operates successfully
- Adhere to the processes, designs and systems your teams have agreed to
- Contribute to definition of Features for Services/Components owned by your team
- Continuously improve yourself and your team by suggesting and helping implement new Engineering processes and practices
- Effectively communicate your and your team’s progress, achievements and areas for improvement to your team members and Manager
- You are a trusted technical authority on one or more technical areas of your team, someone the rest of the team turn to for engineering advice or guidance
- You take the lead on team architecture and design discussions
- You lead in the setting of team coding standards, testing practices & standards and Operational best practices
- Mentor less experienced developers
What you'll bring
- C#,ASP.Net, MVC, WebAPI, .NET Core.
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices.
- Linux, Containers
- Experience working within an e-commerce or at-scale business where security, availability and reliability are critical
- TDD, BDD and experience of deploying continuously to production
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability
- Setting and raising engineering standards across your team and wider engineering organization
- Experience of operating in the cloud would be a plus
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job