Responsible for the delivery of my clients technology programme, covering product development and projects to change or enhance their digital product portfolio to satisfy the requirements of the business. You will manage staff to ensure appropriate resources are assigned, reporting on progress and constraints. Work with in-house resources and outsourced development partners to identify, track and realise the benefits associated with the successful implementation of the technology programme.
- Line management of the in-house project management team. Line management of in-house development team working in collaboration with Development Technical Lead.
- Develop the project delivery capability through evaluation and adoption of most appropriate practices and helping to mentor / coach the team and create standardised approaches around Agile delivery
- Ensure visibility of strategies, plans, project status and issues, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for the team and wider programme
- Work with Product Managers and Owners to help define the roadmap for any given product and work with the delivery teams to translate these into project plans and user stories
- Lead the collaborative planning process - helping to prioritise the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Inspire positive customer service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met
- Make clear, pragmatic and manageable plans for service delivery using programme and project management disciplines
- Act as communication point for all change requests, support and incidents, including communications, resolution and lessons learned
- Help to troubleshoot, test issues and restore systems in the event of problems.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proven ability as a self-starter to drive continuous improvement with focus on results.
- Maintain awareness of emerging industry trends and innovations to help shape the future direction of the department.
- Experience in delivering digital development projects and products.
- Proven experience using agile development methods.
- Demonstrable experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment.
- Excellent people skills and demonstrable emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and concisely document plans and deliverables.
- Focus on details including metrics, KPIs and processes.
- Software development lifecycle expertise including working with 3rd party development teams.
- Experience in managing on-going service levels from outsourced suppliers.
- Able to use technical knowledge and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad based business knowledge, to meet and exceed job requirements and customer expectations.
- Flexibility to travel when required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job