Life moves pretty fast at William Hill - we are now embarking on a major programme of tech development including a massive increase in the size and capability our Scrum teams.
To support the creation and ongoing development of these teams we are looking for seasoned Agile Coaches able to take responsibility for leading the internal community on the journey to becoming fully Agile.
As an Agile Coach you will report to Head of Tech Delivery and will be responsible for coaching and enabling our Scrum Master teams. You will help to enable a culture of continuous improvement with the common goal to deliver valuable technology solutions rapidly and meaningfully to business partners. The coaching and agile best practices role will also support the organization's goals through the following key job responsibilities:
Driving constant improvement in agile across the business. Increasing William Hill's agile maturity through exceptional understanding of Agile software product development and agile methodologies (initially Scrum and Kanban).
Key areas of coaching
- Leading the community of practise for Scrum Masters, sharing insights with the community and working together to achieve shared goals.
- Contributing to and maintaining the "WH Agile Playbook".
- Working alongside local channel / tribe leadership teams to deliver business value.
- Agile mind-set coaching (team and stakeholders). Areas include: Product vision, team charter, DoD, DoR, skill/capability gaps identified, scrum ceremonies, transparency (JIRA burn-ups, visual boards, KPIs), test strategy & commitment (e.g. to automation), identify organisational impediments (& fix where appropriate), improve coordination across teams
- Working with the Scrum Master and tech community to set the standard and deliver high quality software products to William Hill customers. Key areas of focus include (above and beyond the coaching)
- Product ownership, quality assurance, continuous integration (CI)/continuous deployment (CD) improvements, Governance
- High levels of transparency to ensure key metrics are available in real-time
- Evidencing the improvements generated by the Scrum Master team and agile at scale including:
- Increased business value (through scorecard creation and maintenance)
- Reduced cycle time (The time from idea > development > deploy)
- Strong focus on Release Frequency, Velocity Accuracy, Actual Velocity, Cumulative Blocked Time and Core Metrics
This is a role for a genuine expert and comes with a salary and bens package to match. We offer a challenging, dynamic and above all friendly environment that likes finding solutions and driving change. If you think you've got the stuff we'd like to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job