At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Senior Parts Supply Planning Specialist
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure on-time and stable supply of Aftersales parts to the McLaren global retailer network and supporting the development of a lean supply chain:
- Achieving and improving targeted customer service levels through on time product availability.
- Establishing targets and managing optimal inventory levels with the Third Party Logistics Provider
- Monitor and control the supply and demand of Aftersales product within the global supply chain
- Engaging with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to track progress of projects and critical activities that impact Aftersales inventory and parts supply
- Effective reporting on operational performance and projects
- Manage and motivate the Parts Supply Specialists including reviews and appraisals
- Support the Aftersales Parts Supply Manager with operational supply chain activities
- Monitor and coordinate McLaren performance for parts that are produced in-house
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly Aftersales reports and KPI’s and investigate all deviations to agreed standards
- Monitor retailer backorders daily and support the recovery plan to fulfil the order in the agreed time scale
- Lead the interface with Third Party Logistics Service Provider, Suppliers & Material Management team on parts availability issues to agree countermeasures and recovery plans
- Sale order and purchase order processing, and invoice validation / reconciliation for Aftersales Parts transferred between Third Party Logistics Service Provider and McLaren Automotive.
- Interface with internal cross-functional teams to support Aftersales business requirements
- Continuously being aware of, and proactively addressing potential or actual product shortages
- Data analysis and coordination to ensure that material masterdata is available and complete.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Operational experience in supply chain management or Automotive Aftersales parts global distribution is of distinct advantage
- Good understanding or previous experience of Material Requirements Planning application
- IT skills, advanced excel capability and reporting skills is essential
- Knowledge of parts ordering, warehousing, and distribution is desirable
- Able to engage with and influence stakeholders
- Able to entrench a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Educated to degree level
- Thrives in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptionally organized
- Demonstrates high level of commitment to achieving objectives
- Good interpersonal skills
- Exceptional data analytical skills for high volume data
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job