Africa Product Manager
Africa Product Manager Skills
• Responsible for the commercial and operational success of the programme.
• Identify areas for on-going growth based on client research, market analysis and sales/cost projections.
• Source the most suitable overseas suppliers and ensure they understand the specific requirements of the client
• Ensure the quality of the product is of the requisite high standard.
• Visit key destinations and suppliers in order to achieve the above.
• Determine the destinations, itineraries and content for the annual brochure and website.
• Negotiate and contract rates and services with suppliers.
• Cost the programme, assist in sourcing and selecting images and write product copy.
• Ensure air and ground allocations are requested, confirmed and loaded on the reservations system.
• Manage and monitor the commercial performance of the product ensuring pricing is competitive and meets business requirements.
• Ensure Health & Safety policy is adhered to for the product.
• Train Sales Consultants and, in conjunction with the Senior Sales Manager, plan educational visits to ensure comprehensive productknowledge.
• Ensure system product information is uploaded, accurate and up to date.
• Monitor the Foreign Office Advice and take any required action.
• Assist the Customer Services department in the event of any feedback arising from the tours.
• Provide effective Product feedback to the Senior Product Manager and other directors, managers and staff as required.
• Liaise with the Marketing department to assist with promotion of the product.
• Handle the emergency mobile phone on a rota basis.
• Report line to the Senior Manager – Product.
Required Product Experience & Skills
• Well-travelled in Africa and with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the luxury and cultural travel market.
• Experience in planning, contracting and costing a programme of tours.
• Results driven with the ability to identify appropriate product to support on-going growth.
• Experience of managing the profitability of a programme.
• Experience in organising and managing group and private travel.
• Organised, process driven and able to work to deadlines.
• Highly numerate, with an ability to gather, analyse and interpret data.
• Articulate with a high standard of written English and attention to detail.
• Computer literate, thorough knowledge of Excel and Word and previous experience of a tour operator system.
• Proactive with an ability to show strategic skills, use initiative and work independently.
• Proven ability to negotiate with outside suppliers and organizations.
• Experience of working within a team and dealing with the needs of different departments.
• Experience of CRS (Galileo preferred).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job