The purpose of this position will be to implement and continuously refine the affiliate marketing strategy for our Travel business and provide support to other business verticals as required. The position will sit in the Performance Marketing team, but will also be a valued member of the Travel Commerce and Editorial teams.
My client is the Nation's leading publisher. Company's mission is to provide content that inspires people to have the perspective they want to progress in life. It delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day, across its digital and print properties as well as through leading digital partners.
27.2 million Britons consume content across their portfolio monthly, with a growing global digital audience through 107 million browsers a month.
- Prepare the daily, weekly and monthly reports and follow up on KPIs directly with nominated affiliate partners.
- Undertake continuous detailed analysis of campaign performance in the live environment modifying plans in response to data and insight and subsequent communication of these results.
- Manage relationships with the affiliate partners and networks.
- Help grow revenue and affiliate marketing activity through the creation and implementation of monetisation initiatives such as sponsored placements, page takeovers, new commissioned content and offsite coverage.
- Research and source new affiliate opportunities and partners to increase revenue and performance.
- Work with the Affiliate Marketing Manager to deploy and optimise campaigns on and offsite.
- Commission new content based on search volumes and other opportunity keywords and optimise existing content in collaboration with our Editorial team.
- Source and negotiate more appropriate commercial partnerships to monetise this content more effectively.
- Implement agreed tenancy placements, as briefed by the Affiliate Marketing Manager such as sponsored placements, particles and other marketing activity.
- Work closely with our Trading and Editorial teams by providing content optimisation and generation recommendations to improve onward journeys.
- Oversee the day to day running of inbound affiliate programme working with our chosen network(s) updating our promotion schedule, adjusting CPA rates, monitoring performance and uploading new promotional material for affiliate partners.
- Create and implement communication strategy with key affiliate partners ensuring they are aware of upcoming promotions, new launches and CPA incentive periods.
- Approach relevant affiliate partners and police new programme applications and accept/decline as necessary.
Specific requirements / skills
- Proven track record of implementing and delivering affiliate marketing plans in a relevant business or sector (ideally within travel or marketplace business).
- Be data-driven in approach i.e. able to draw insight from data and use to help determine site development, UI design and media planning.
- Strong understanding of tracking and attribution of efforts - connecting investment to return across the site and multi-touchpoint customer journeys and behaviours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work seamlessly with a cross-functional team of analysts, developers, marketers and product managers.
- Ability to think strategically, analyse and interpret market and consumer information.
- Proven ability to deliver positive outcomes in a fast-paced environment with the ability to take responsibility and multi-task in order to meet daily deadlines; having the tenacity to get things done is essential.
Key Competencies & Desirables
- +1 years experience in an Affiliate role. Experience working client side in a B2C organisation is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of the UK and international affiliates markets
- Strong grasp and understanding of analytics.
- Experience using Adobe Analytics is desirable.
- Experience using Adobe AEM and other CMS platforms is desirable.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects.
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Independent contributor and collaborative team player.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work confidently with internal and external teams.
- Organised, professional and resilient.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment.
The role offers a unique experience as the successful candidate will play a vital part in building our outbound and inbound affiliate strategy.
- digital marketing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job