Job Title: Advertising Manager
Location: Oswestry and Welshpool
Salary: £38,000 - £43,000 basic salary, plus bonus (£50,000 OTE) & car allowance (£300-£400pcm) or company car
Our client is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. They employ a plethora of media specialists that help local businesses generate awareness and promote their products and services to local audiences. With the shift towards digital media and the development of new media platforms they have exciting future plans to continue to maintain their market presence and lead the way in their field.
- Prior experience of managing a successful sales team, either within media or other industries where relevant.
- Experience of developing a sales team to further success and change management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an outgoing personality with a flair for creativity
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality, and will to succeed
- Negotiation and objection handling is central to any sales environment; therefore, you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
- Time management and attention to detail are the cornerstones of success, so being able to adapt and prioritise is essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) along with the experience of a Sales CRM System. Gemstone or Futureproof would be advantageous
THE ROLE - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, develop and motivate an advertising team
- Appraise all managers and staff to ensure the required level of expertise is available to meet business and company objectives
- Manage and analyse revenue and ROI to ensure all channels, strategies and tool are being best utilised
- Work with and communicate regularly with the Sales Director to prepare annual business plans, budgets and revenue targets
- Meet budgeted advertising revenue for each title and centre overall, forecast revenue weekly, monthly and annually as required by the Sales Director
- Work with the Internal Recruitment team, to recruit and maintain high-quality professional staff
- Monitor sales activity and ensure the team are on the right track to meet KPI’s and business expectations
- Development and expansion of business in terms of lead generation, new business proposals, new target markets and products implementation
- Develop short, medium and long-term product and sales strategy for each title within the centre
- Liaise with regional and local management and external businesses appropriate in achieving business objectives
- Continued development, support and training of staff, working in line with support provided by the Regional Trainer.
Our client is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. They employ a plethora of media specialists that help local businesses generate awareness and promote their products and services to local audiences.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Ellesmere, Mold, Whitchurch, Wrexham, Chester, Shrewsbury, Telford, Market Drayton
KEY WORDS: Advertising, Account Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing, Marketing Executive
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people - we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
By applying for this role, you are explicitly consenting for McCarthy Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"