Advanced Support Worker Positive Behavioural Support : Learning Disabilities
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join a national charity as an Advanced Support Worker for both day and night-time shift patterns.
An Advanced Support Worker is a role for a skilled and experienced Support Worker to join a specialist team within a brand-new service, with expertise in Learning Disabilities and Autism.
The charity is looking to train and develop a specialist team, so this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Support Worker to take the next step in their career.
Your experience means that you are comfortable in working with people who might have more complex support needs. You will be ready to take on this next step of your career, stepping up to enjoy more responsibility and a better salary.
The charity will develop your talent with a range of specialist training. With the opportunity to learn Positive Behaviour Support methods and to build new skills, such as Makaton and the picture exchange system, this will be an exciting opportunity for progression.
All Advanced Support Workers will be supported to undertake positive behaviour support, level three qualification to become a lead practitioner in social care.
- Delivering tailored, life-enhancing support in line with the organisations complex care service models, working with the complex care team and other specialists to ensure that the needs of the people we support are met within a comprehensive and robust framework.
- Support an environment where colleagues feel encouraged to reflect on their practices, and guide, support and assess colleagues to promote continuous improvement and high levels of competency.
- Act as a role model and mentor to colleagues, by demonstrating excellent levels of practice and ensuring specialist care and support is tailored to the people we support.
- Identify, escalate, and contribute to the management of any risks that could affect customer service or safety, or the effectiveness, efficiency and compliance of an individual's activities, to ensure that the best interests of the people we support are always maintained.
- Ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of self, colleagues, and people supported by following the appropriate policies and procedures and escalating any concerns, complaints or poor practice.
- Provide the best care and support possible, in accordance with a person’s support needs and create personalised support plans using specialist knowledge and experience, gaining input from other care professionals, so that people’s holistic needs are supported.
- Delivering care and support in line with co-produced plans, and establishing meaningful relationships with the people we support and their loved ones, to truly understand their needs, and ensure they feel engaged, involved and fulfilled.
- Take the lead on monitoring and evaluating the health and behaviour needs of the people we support, ensuring Health and Behaviour Plans are reviewed regularly and updated in line with policy and best practice.
- Motivate and lead self and colleagues to promote operational excellence, specialist support and person-centred care.
- Highlighting own learning and performance needs (particularly in specialist areas), always striving to be the best they can be, and encouraging those around them to do the same.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or above in Health and Social Care
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Medication Level 3 training and ability to undertake competency assessments for Support Workers
- Able to demonstrate some experience of working with people previously e.g. customer service, caring for a relative
- Experience of getting to know people individually and ensuring their needs are met in a way that is caring, kind and respectful
- Experience working with MDT teams and participating in complex case reviews for people supported
- Experience of working independently
If you are interested in the above Advanced Support Worker vacancy, please apply or for more information, contact Michael at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
Key words: PBS, Positive Behavioural Support, Support Worker, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
- Learning Disabilities
- Support Worker
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'