Derbyshire County Council is looking for an advanced social worker to join their children's locality team based in the North East of Derbyshire.
Derbyshire Council has gained a 4-star reviews on both Glassdoor and Indeed with some reviews saying the management structure offers good support and training with one review praising the fun and productive atmosphere of the team. The council is also very open minded when it comes to flexible working contracts having negotiated this for a couple of my locums currently.
This would be a great opportunity for an advanced social worker to develop their skills to a high level if they are looking to progress quickly in their career.
What's on offer:
- Working with diverse service users across the city from different backgrounds as an advanced social worker
- Working within a team with a strong management structure that gives you room to grow as a social worker
- Flexible working contract
- Develop your social work skills through various training that the council offer
- Excellent public transport links
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organise and Prioritise your own caseload
- Attend and create reports for court cases
- Make home visits to assess the safety of the child
- Work as part of a team to make sure all referrals are dealt with to a given timeframe
- See process from initial assessment through to conclusion
- Ensure the welfare of the child or young person is paramount always
- Carry out assessments and manage delivery of care plans to ensure that all achievable out comes have been met
- Responsibility for effective time management and responding flexibly to the needs of the service.
- Provide support and cover for other staff as required by the practice or principal manager
?Minimum job requirements
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid HCPC registration
- An enhanced DBS check
- Completed ASYE and 1 - 2 years post qualifying experience
Want to apply for this advanced social worker role or know someone who would?
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Talib Jetha on or via email for further details.
We offer a referral incentive for any successful candidates whose details you pass on to us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job