This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We have an opportunity for a Premises Assistant to join our team as part of our contract with Greenwich BSF, based at Thomas Tallis School, Greenwich, SE3 9PX.
This is a part time role working 21 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7, between 16:00 – 22:00 Monday to Friday and 8:00 – 19:00 at Weekends.
As Premises Assistant, you will be responsible for undertaking caretaking, handyperson and portering duties in order to maintain a clean and safe environment for users of the school.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To maintain all outside areas in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- To carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance to the buildings.
- To supervise contractors carrying out repairs when required and check that repairs have been carried out satisfactorily.
- To act as key holder for the building(s) and to ensure the building is safe and secure at the end of the Occupation, including setting and checking alarm systems as appropriate.
- To receive stores deliveries and ensure stocks are distributed as necessary and visit outside buildings in order to collect or deliver urgent items.
- To receive visitors and direct them as appropriate and in compliance with the school’s code of practice and ethos.
- To carry out all duties with due regard for Health and Safety Regulations, the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policies and Environment Strategy.
This role requires an awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be successful for this role, you should have the ability to follow instructions effectively and work well as part of a team. You should also hold Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent and have good interpersonal skills.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'