Advanced Safeguarding Practitioner for the Safeguarding Team
A fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Social Worker has emerged in Home Counties! This will be a full-time permanent position paying a generous annual salary package of £33,437K plus Council benefits
Please note: there has been an additional Market Supplement of £3500 per year subject to regular review (paid in 2 x 6 monthly instalments)
PURPOSE OF POST:
- The main purpose of the Safeguarding Advanced Practitioner role is to undertake Section 42 Enquiries, in accordance with the Care Act 2014 and the latest Statutory guidance.
- The role will also provide professional support and safeguarding leadership to qualified and unqualified social workers and other staff as directed, who form part of integrated community multi-disciplinary teams that include social workers, occupational therapists, rehabilitation workers and related support services.
- The role will also provide leadership, advice and support to team members on risk assessment and management of complex cases and safeguarding work, and additionally on professional social work matters in order to promote personalised care pathways ensuring choice and control for all eligible individuals.
- The Advanced Practitioner will be expected to work with others to influence and shape the local environment, to promote social inclusion and accessibility and ensure that identified needs are understood individually, by locality and fed into strategic commissioning.
- As one of the senior professionals in the team the AP will also be expected to promote the benefits of integrated working with health colleagues. The AP will also be required to deputise for the Team Manager on occasions and to also to cover for Advanced Practitioners from other teams if required to do so for a temporary.
To be considered for this exciting position you must:
- Be HCPC registered
- Have a degree in social work
- Have at least 1 years post qualifying experience
Post qualifying experience including in-depth experience of:complex case work with different adult client groups, advocacy and user and carer involvement issues, business / financial management, taking effective action to achieve performance improvements.
In depth knowledge and understanding of the Care Act 2014, Mental capacity Act 2005 other legislation and regulation sand how to interpret this in a modern context including:
- Eligibility criteria
- Rehabilitation and reablement
- Safeguarding & MCA DoLS
- Multi-disciplinary complex case work
- CQC Care Standards
Human Right Act
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle is desirable!
If you are interested in this excellent role or in other qualified social work positions please email CV's - alternatively, recommend a family member, friend or colleague and receive £250 if we successfully place them!
Tempest Resourcing delivers peerless recruitment service in Social work and Education. Working with us will offer you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated personal consultant keeping you up to date with new opportunities
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job