Purpose of the Role
The post holder will be responsible for the autonomous clinical assessment, treatment and/or referral or giving advice as appropriate to first contact patients across a wide spectrum of clinical conditions within the services provided by DHU Health Care CIC through direct contact consultations.
A commitment to a quality service, excellence in clinical practice and continuous professional development are integral to the role and the development of the service.
The post holder will participate in promoting and advancing DHU Health Care CIC.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- To practice autonomously without direct supervision.
- To utilise advanced clinical skills to assess, diagnose, treat and refer patients requiring the clinical service
- To recognise the need for, initiate and where appropriate interpret relevant diagnostic investigations.
- To recognise the need for and initiate where appropriate advice of relevant specialisms.
- To exhibit excellent nonverbal and verbal communication skills when dealing with patients and carers. To have the ability to make clear decisions with confidence and communicate these effectively.
- To maintain appropriate clinical records in line with current practice guidelines.
- To work within the parameters of your skills and knowledge, recognising the limitations to your own practice and to work within the bounds of your training and capability according to regulatory codes of conduct.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in clinical practice.
- To optimise evidence based practice.
- To work effectively as part of a multi professional team in collaboration with other members of the service.
- To adhere to performance measures.
- To provide health promotion/accident prevention advice for patients and carers.
- To promote the protection of children and vulnerable adults in accordance with local safeguarding procedures.
- To adhere to the Infection Prevention and Control policy for the service being provided.
- To prescribe medication and work within the limitations of current extended Non-Medical Prescribing legislation.
- Discharge or refer patients as appropriate to internal or external clinical pathways.
- The ordering, storage, administration and disposal of medicines in a safe, secure manner in accordance with current policy and legislation.
- Take part in clinical audits.
- To attend professional meetings and participate in team meetings.
- The Clinician will work within guidelines and policies and will support the implementation of policies in own work area and participate in working groups as required.
- To lead and participate in clinical audit cycle as required.
- Participate in inductions for newly appointed staff.
- Responsible for day-to-day supervision, delegation and co-ordination of staff making the best use of their abilities as appropriate.
- To participate in the appraisal process for themselves and others as appropriate.
- To identify, report and address poor performance issues.
- To diffuse challenging behavior, ensuring that the situation is managed in a sensitive way.
- To ensure efficient and effective use of material resources/supplies.
- To identify any problems with resource use/availability and make recommendations for corrective action
- Registered Adult Nurse registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Paramedic registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) or Pharmacist registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- Registered as an independent non – medical prescriber.
- A minimum of 2 modules at Level 7. 1 X module must have included assessment of clinical examination skills.
- Substantial Autonomous practice working and multi-professional team
- Can show evidence of using autonomous physical examination and assessment skills in practice
- Can demonstrate a broad and sound knowledge of complex and common conditions in primary care in both adults and children
- Has experience in one of the following: nurse led clinics, emergency care centres ,out of hours facilities or walk in centres
- Consolidated Independent Prescribing experience.
- MSc (Advanced Practice)
- Mentorship qualification
- Use of examination skills in practice.
- Experience of telephone triage
- Experience of Emergency Care
- Experience of General Practice
Further information is listed on the job description.
DHU Health Care CIC believe our workforce should be as diverse as the range of services we offer, and the communities we serve. We are committed to valuing and encouraging diversity throughout our workforce, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. As part of our mission we are dedicated to eliminating discrimination
DHU Health Care CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information please vie the attached Job Description and Person Specification. Alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details / informal visits contact:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'