We are able to offer a great opportunity for sonographers to join our very friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team.
Applications are invited from those with Post Graduate qualifications in Obstetric & Gynaecological Ultrasound and ideally also General Abdominal Ultrasound.
Your role will include (but will not be limited to):
- perform a full range of ultrasound examinations, including obstetrics and combined screening, gynaecology and early pregnancy clinic, abdominal, small parts and some MSK
- provide diagnostic report of examinations according to the level of authorisation agreed
- participate in service provision across three of the Trust’s hospitals
- Communicate and liaise with patients, clinicians and other healthcare professionals as part of a multidisciplinary team
The ideal candidate will:
- have extensive experience in the ultrasound areas mentioned - experience in Obstetric ultrasound is essential.
- have previous NHS experience
- Fetal Medicine Foundation accreditation and NT experience is desirable or training will be given.
- hold post graduate qualifications in Obstetric and Gynaecological Ultrasound and General Abdominal Ultrasound
- be competent in independent reporting at Advanced practice level
- demonstrate a commitment to maintain the highest standards of imaging and service delivery
As well as general obstetrics care, St. Michaels’ hospital is the South West's referral unit for fetal and maternal medicine.
Bristol Royal Infirmary is a Tertiary referral centre for upper GI cancer. We work closely with the UH Bristol & Weston Liver Unit - involved in diagnosis, follow up and treatment aspects of liver disease in our local population, as well as providing regional services for complex liver disease.
As a teaching hospital we have a strong commitment to education and training; successful applicants will be involved in the teaching of student radiographers, student sonographers and specialist radiology registrars.
Audit and role development are actively encouraged and there are opportunities to further develop your skills.
Successful candidates will be working in a leading teaching hospital rated as 'outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission.
Bristol is a vibrant, diverse city with something for everyone - excellent entertainment, culture and leisure facilities, shopping, live music venues, an array of attractions and hosts a mixed programme of events and festivals. It is ideally placed for access to the West Country, well known for the popular holiday destinations of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall, with their landscape and scenery for walking and mountain biking, coastal villages and sandy beaches.
Flexible working arrangements are available and open to discussion.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Tina Stoyles, Radiology Section Head, on or Tina.Stoyles@UHBristol.nhs.uk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'