BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Advanced Practice Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
You will be an experienced Outpatient Physiotherapist with a special interest in the treatment of spinal conditions to help shape and develop the spinal service within the hospital.
This will include candidates who are currently working at ESP/APP level. A high standard of clinical care is required combined with a commitment to self-development and team support
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Chartered Physiotherapist with extensive postgraduate general physiotherapy experience, as well as a proven track record of clinical expertise within a specialist MSK area or an Extended Scope Practitioner role.
- History of working in Extended Scope role in primary or secondary care.
- Highly Motivated.
- Good team player.
- Demonstrates a professional manner at all times.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven to succeed.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of op
Duties of this role include:
- Working independently, but alongside GP colleagues or Consultant colleagues, you will act as a first point of contact for patients and will lead patient care management, to include assessment, treatment and onward referral for diagnostic or secondary care services as required.
- Lead and co-ordinate care for patients presenting with MSK conditions (potentially complex).
- Provide and advise on a range of treatment options, with the personal scope of practice and competence to undertake independent prescribing and injection therapy
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job