GP Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner
Are you dynamic, forward thinking and have the skills and aptitude to participate and support the increasing pressure on GP practices by being a first contact practitioner.
2 WTE or 4 0.5 WTE Band 7 GP APP posts
(or other combination of hours can be considered)
West Lothian GP Practices
- You will work within the physiotherapy team in a new role designed to work as an adjunct with the GP practices as a first contact practitioner, to provide a safe and effective triage service to MSK GP patients.
- You will triage patients for onward referral to secondary care, to the community pharmacist, advise re self management, refer for physiotherapy or for x-ray.
- You will need a high level of clinical reasoning and red flag screening experience.
- We offer a comprehensive training programme to help get you up to speed.
- We have great links to our physiotherapy department and orthopaedic team.
- We have built in CPD and admin time to ensure you can meet all four pillars of advanced practice.
- We have regular team meetings and social get-togethers.
- We can offer flexible working hours. There are great transport links and good parking facilities.
- At present all members of our team happily commute from either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
NHS Lothian is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
To this end, NHS Lothian welcomes applications from all sections of society.
***PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept late applications so please ensure your application is submitted early***
For further information on what is included in the role and what skills/experience are being looked for, click on the links at the bottom of the screen to the job description and person specification. If after reading this information you have any questions please contact Mike Hart, Clinical Lead GP APP service West Lothian.
This post requires the post holder to have a PVG Scheme membership/ record. If the post holder is not a current PVG member for the required regulatory group (i.e. child and/or adult) then an application will need to be made to Disclosure Scotland and deemed satisfactory before they can begin in post.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'