About the Job
Do you have the passion to make a difference to patients who need MSK treatment? Are you looking for the next step in your career or are you looking to add extra skills to your portfolio? If so, look no further, as we could have the job for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner (APP) to join our Physiotherapy team at the Buckinghamshire Musculoskeletal Integrated Care Service (MusIC) in Aylesbury on a permanent, full or part time basis. MusIC provides an outpatient clinical assessment and treatment service for patients presenting with musculoskeletal conditions.
We offer regular department in-service training, funding for external clinical courses, and an excellent supportive learning environment in order to continually develop you own personal learning and CPD. You will work closely with the Orthopaedic Consultants from the Acute Trust, delivering MDT clinics and if you are interested you can be involved with our FCP pilot.
We are based in 9 modern treatment facilities, with high quality equipment, throughout Buckinghamshire. You will be based mainly at our service in Aylesbury however may be expected to travel to our other sites from time to time.
There is no on-call or compulsory weekend work to allow for a strong work life balance.
Within this job, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a case load of patients with varying diagnosis and/or highly complex needs using evidence based and/or patient centered principles.
- Working closely with the Clinical Director to support a team of physiotherapists and AHPs, including supporting and coordinating clinical education within the service.
- Acting as a source of expertise in the management of the service by providing advice to patients and other healthcare professionals, GP’s and Consultants.
- Performing steroid injections as appropriate
* Taking part in MDT clinics with Orthoapedic Consultants
* An opportunity to be involved in an FCP pilot if interested
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, prison health services, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours and CATS and diagnostic facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating OOH's, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
In order for you to be considered for the job, as a minimum we are looking for you to:
- Be a qualified Physiotherapist with valid HCPC pin number.
- Be currently working towards an MSc in Physiotherapy
- Hold an injection therapy qualification
- Have recognised/validated orthopaedic musculoskeletal postgraduate training.
- Hold a full UK driver’s license with access to your own vehicle
- Have previous experience of working within an autonomous role
- Have experience of clinical supervision
It would be nice for you to have any one of the below, although these are not essential:
- Hold a MSc in orthopaedic or musculoskeletal management
- Previous triage experience
Salary & Benefits
This is a permanent job and we can consider applicants on a full or part time basis. Full time is 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis.
We can offer you:
- £40,000 - £45,000 per annum dependent on experience (pro-rata for part time)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Contributory pension scheme (2-5%)
- CPD (including free online and face-to-face training)
- Regional/National opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers and online discounts
Once you have pressed apply to this job, you will be contacted by Glenn who sits within our recruitment team by phone or email.
If you have been shortlisted, the recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager who will in turn arrange an interview with you if they feel that you are suitable for the job.
For further information, an informal conversation or to arrange a site visit please contact Glenn Coles - Internal Recruiter
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'