Are you looking for an additional role helping patients that are unable to attend their GP? Do you have a passion to make a difference to patients who have an urgent care needs?Are you looking to add extra skills to your portfolio? Vocare is the right step for you.
Hours: Full-Time,Part-Time and zero hours
Salary: From £46,293 to £61,561.50 per annum pro-rata (dependent on Skill Set)
From: £23.74 per hour with excellent uplift for out of hours and weekend work.
We offer a range of contracts including, sessional, salaried and PSC.
Location: South Tyneside Hosptial
About the role:
Vocare is recruiting for a Advanced Nurse Practitioners for their Out of Hours & Urgent Care Centre Service situated across the North East.
Duties within the role:
- To stream walk in patients from the Emergency Department
- Exercise a higher degree of personal and professional autonomy using advanced clinical practice skills to include clinical interventions.
- Utilise independent/supplementary prescribing skills for benefits of patient care.
- Assist in clinical audit and the monitoring of services and unscheduled care.
- Identify issues which may negatively impact upon service delivery and reporting these on to the clinical support manager in a timely fashion.
- Support new staff in their development and participate in supervision, teaching and mentorship to help new staff develop and achieve competency.
- Keep accurate and up to date records during patient consultations within the relevant software.
What we are looking for:
Candidates must be a register first level nurse with a minimum of five years of post registration experience (two of which are ideally working in a primary or urgent care environment) and also hold a degree in advanced practice or equivalent.
Ideal candidates will have evidence of completing studies in minor illness, minor injury and paediatric minor illnesses and injury. Candidates should also possess experience of coaching other staff and participating in clinical audit and service improvement.
Experience of telephone triage is desirable but not essential.
As you will be carrying out home visits during the role you will need a willingness to travel across the Tamworth area.
What we can offer you:
We offer a competitive salary, free medical indemnity cover, a tailored comprehensive induction programme and we provide a supportive working environment with 24/7 access to senior 'Clinical on Call’ for advice. We also offer full governance support, an excellent working environment, maternity and sick pay* and exciting opportunities for further progression and professional development.
*Subject to terms and conditions
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as once sufficient applications have been received we may decide to close the advert early.
Please assume you have been unsuccessful with your application if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.
All successful applicants will be subject to a DBS Check.
Please note the salary ranges above are based on a 37.5 hour week and detail the lowest you can earn and the highest you can earn depending on the amount of unsocial hours you actually work.
Vocare Group recognise the diversity of the communities in which we operate and demonstrate this through the service we provide when dealing with patients, their family and carers.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Urgent Care
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'