BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Urgent Care Centre
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in advanced practice or equivalent (to include research an evidence to inform practice, clinical leadership, work-based learning, clinical history taking and examination skills, pathophysiology, investigations and immediate management, non-medical prescribing).
- Advance clinical assessment skills including history taking/clinical examination.
- Use of expert knowledge and clinical judgement to identify the potential diagnosis. Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Proven Experience of working as a practitioner in a primary care environment, Emergency Department, Urgent Care Centre, MAU/EAU or other first contact setting, evidence of excellent assessment skills.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations
- Some experience or knowledge of Arterial Blood Gas Analysis, Interpretation of Blood results and ECG monitoring/ -interpretation, CPAP, Non Invasive Ventilation (NIV) central lines and TPN is desirable
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectivel
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for the assessment of health and clinical needs of the patient, undertaking consultations with patients as an autonomous practitioner using advanced clinical practice skills, using own clinical judgement to diagnose, treat, refer or discharge patients.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- As a skilled member of the nursing team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care and ensure that treatments prescribed by the medical staff are carried out, and that multidisciplinary team members are informed of changes in the patient’s condition.
- To treat all medical patients in concordance with the medical patient’s pathway ensuring accurate and timely notation of all multidisciplinary team members in the pathway document.
- To review and assess all urgent care patients in accordance with the urgent care pathway and urgent care operational policy.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job