At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resettingexpectations of what a bio - pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Astrazeneca is committed to creating a Global Business Services group that can consolidate shared services across the enterprise and deliver world class efficiency and quality.
A core component of the GBS strategy is to innovate digitally, and to support this, it planning to establish an Advanced Analytics capability that can be deployed across processes and service lines to drive efficiency and unlock quality and value.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing a team that can partner with our Global Process Owners & Directors to identify opportunities to leverage data (internal or external) to deliver new insights that can improve decision making and support the pursuit of service excellence.
You will need to partner with our data scientists & data engineers, collaborating to take advantage of advanced modelling techniques, artificial intelligence solutions, automation and other innovative approaches to deliver analytics that deliver new insights for the organisation. You will be a strong advocate for data management and work closely with the data management team to understand our data model and data quality.
The nature of the work will typically be project based and you will need to cultivate and drive a portfolio that will be experimental in nature, seeking to validate conceptual thinking as a precursor to implementing engineered solutions. Following successful read outs from the portfolio your role will also involve supporting the transition from concept to reality including business case assessments and senior stakeholder management.
Ideally, coming from a data and analytic background, to succeed in this role you will have a strong senior-level business partnering background, experience of building a team / capability, be progressive in outlook and have clear experience of managing a portfolio of projects.
Skills and Experience
- MBA or other professional qualification
- Excellent academic record
- Leadership experience in establishing & managing a team
- Demonstrable track record of successful business partnering with senior stakeholders
- Expert at managing complex multi-functional projects and experience of implementing change
- Significant experience in advanced data analytics, including an understanding of the data science field and associated technology
- Proactive and delivery focussed. Comfortable working in a dynamic and challenging environment
- A strong track record of project management and implementing change
- Well-developed influencing skills with the ability to drive bigger picture thinking
- Energetic, resilient and tenacious. Able to effectively coach, assist and challenge your team to deliver on complex projects under tight timelines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job