Adults Finance Advisor - Woking
The salary for this role is £34,356 per annum for 36 hours per week (pro-rata for part-time staff).
Whilst this is a full-time position, part-time applications will be considered.
Are you interested in joining the North West Finance Team who are looking to recruit a Finance Advisor to join their busy and supportive team? This role is integral to the delivery of services across Surrey.
What we can offer you:
- 26 days annual leave with the option to also buy additional leave if required (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us! (For the first couple of weeks, the expectation would be that the role would be more office based to enable the initial on the job training to take place).
- Training and Development - superb opportunities for development
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
About the role
The role of a Finance Advisor involves working as part of a team providing financial support to ensure the efficient operation of an area Finance Team, to ensure it meets the needs of people who use the service and their Carers.
In this role you will report to the North West Area Finance Manager and may include supporting Finance Assistants. You will be based in the area office in Quadrant Court, Woking but you will be expected to support all Locality team staff in Adult Social Care with queries on Direct Payments.
The Finance Advisor will also assist the Area Finance Manager in all areas of financial management and will work closely with managers across the service and in central finance to ensure budgets are controlled effectively and all financial transactions are carried out accurately and in accordance with Surrey County Council regulations and government legislation.
In your application we would love to hear about your;
- AAT qualifications are desirable but not a prerequisite
- Your communication skills and ability to work as part of a team to ensure accurate and timely financial information
- Your experience of working with and interpreting financial data & interpreting it with your through your problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of working in a public sector environment preferably with some understanding of social care.
- Relevant IT skills
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15th October 2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing 23rd October 2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
- social care
- financial advisor
- adult social care
- jobs in surrey
- surrey jobs
- careers in care
- surrey county council
- finance roles in surrey
- part time finance roles
- full time finance roles
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'