Adults Brokerage Officer in Lewisham
We have a Adults Brokeage Officer- Complex Care Broker position available in Lewisham, this is a full time, temporary position, paying from £17.
For this position you will need knowledge of:
- Contract, funding or purchasing arrangements for health and social care services
- Understanding of health and social care
- Needs of adults with complex care needs / learning disabilities and their carers
- Knowledge of the principals of excellent customer care
If you have this experience and are interested in the position, please apply ASAP!!
Main Purpose of the job:
Appropriate brokering of packages of care or placements to meet the needs of clients requiring emergency, temporary or long term residential or nursing care. The post will cover all client groups, including palliative care and Continuing Healthcare.
Enable people with a high need of care and support to be supported well in appropriate settings, ensuring the most independent and enabling provision is used, including working to move people who have been accommodated inappropriately in the past to secure positive new care arrangements.
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
1. Source the most cost effective services to meet individual care recommendations for people referred by health or social care professionals which will meet client outcomes in the most independent setting appropriate.
2. Use on-line or off-line purchasing, placement or contracting frameworks, the Care Funding Calculator and/or other agreed costing tools to source and price placements and to negotiate with provider, involving users and carers as appropriate.
3. Ensure that individual service agreements and contractual documentation are in place for all service provision.
4. Maintain accurate, relevant and up to date records on case management, finance and placement sourcing / monitoring IT systems. Process all applications in a timely manner and in line with agreed processes, policies and procedures.
5. Offer high quality advice and information and support to service users, carers, families and relevant others to enable them to make the right choice of service provision which suits the individual's needs and care requirements of service users and carers.
6. Maintaining excellent working relationships with contract and commissioning roles; social work and healthcare leads and others to provide a seamless and co-ordinated process
7. Use various communication and engagement techniques to help clients identify different ways, including creative and innovative ways, that can help them create personalised care outcome
8. Identify and deal with, or advise on, factors affecting placement arrangements, such as Ordinary Residence, s117 status, trial periods, variances, default notices, complaints procedures, contributions, safeguarding, quality and care standards.
9. Support the implementation of personal health/social care budgets, outcome based commissioning and maximising independence across all funding streams.
10. Assist the implementation of the Health and Social Bill in so far as it affects this role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'