One of our most valued clients is looking for someone to fulfil the role of Adult Learning Support and join their team based in London. The best candidates will have the drive to support students with learning disabilities and make a real difference to people’s lives in this highly fulfilling role. There are a wide range of benefits to be had at this company including season ticket loans, rewards and discounts at popular retailers, childcare vouchers and more.
Working hours are term time only (34 weeks a year), Tuesday to Thursday, 9am-4pm and Friday 9am-12.30pm.
About the role:
- Support students with learning disabilities on a 1:1 basis
- Support teaching provisions and students’ learning and assessment
- Help to organise classroom activities and prepare resources
- Support the teaching of literacy and numeracy or a student’s individual learning plans
- Provide person centered support, maximising their independence
- Ensure the physical welfare of students
- Ensure the most effective provision for students’ academic, emotional and social development
- Provide support to students and teachers to raise standards of achievement
- Follow guidelines and procedures under the Health and Social Care Act
- Support students in maintaining their emotional, physical, spiritual, cultural and psychological well being
- You’ll be fully aware and understand the principles of safeguarding vulnerable individuals
- Have good communication skills, speaking to different levels of stakeholders
- Extremely organised, with good levels of English, Maths and ICT
- Self-motivated and ability to utilise own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to show empathy, care and understanding towards students
- Basic experience of looking after or working with students with special education needs.
This is a wonderful role for an experience candidate who is committed to the personal development of the students and who wants to bring their own interests, creativity and enthusiasm to engage with the people being supported.
If this sounds like a perfect role for you, apply here today.
Please note a full DBS check will be carried our prior to employment start date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job