Job Title: Adult Care Officer
Location: London, Barnet
Act as the first point of contact and liaison with customers, partner agencies and other stakeholders.
Ensure that an effective and efficient service is provided for customers at all times. In doing this promote an awareness of the needs of the customer and the principle of customer-first.
Support colleagues within the Front Door Social Work team in decision making to ensure that the information and advice, assessment and service provided is consistent, fair and adheres to agreed policy, processes and guidelines.
Ensure compliance with the service standards and processes, and operate within the context of the service priorities and principles of increasing user choice and control over the services they receive.
These priorities focus on meeting the four social care outcomes:
- Enhancing the quality of life for people with care and support needs
- Delaying and reducing the need for care and support by maximising independence and applying strength based practice
- Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care and support
- Safeguarding adults whose circumstances make them vulnerable and protecting them from avoidable harm
Maintain the Council's electronic and paper records in line with data protection requirements.
Embrace the programme of change necessary to embed and build on the new Front Door model and any future closer integration with other Council services and Health.
- Operating within the team, handle the tasks and activities arising from the phone-calls, e-mails, fax, web forms and post received on a daily basis by Social Care Direct team.
- When required during peak times and staff absence, take the phone-calls received on a daily basis by Social Care Direct.
- Monitor and process all the incoming contacts to Social Care Direct whether this be by phone, e-mail, through the web portal, post or fax.
- Work with qualified staff from Social Work and Occupational Therapy Teams within Adult Social Care to ensure information gathered supports the decision making processes required to progress cases. Generally to work cooperatively with all teams in adult social care including Business Support, Telecare, Sensory Team, etc
- Ensure that handovers and referrals are handled in a timely manner supported by the required level of information and data.
- Comply with Safeguarding procedures to ensure that safeguarding concerns are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner in terms of any referral and information required.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Maintain accurate and timely recording using Mosaic system and any paper records required. Using other electronic systems required to fully complete tasks required (e.g. using Millflow)
- Ensure communication with customers, carers and partner agencies whether by phone or in writing by email or letter is timely, accurate and adheres to legal, policy and procedural requirements.
- Support, promote and apply supported self-assessments, direct payments, Telecare equipment and enablement to support the principle of service users and carers having choice
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and Customer service skills and ability to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Ability to plan schedule and monitor own work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of Social and health care within the community would be desirable
Support the delivery of high-quality performance and provide value for money with minimum risk.
Deliver an outcome-orientated service that maximises productivity and throughput to make best use of finite resources.
Support the completion of individual and team data to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the service
Support the Head of Service and SCD Manager in implementing rigorous and effective performance management processes to drive forward service improvements. This may include monitoring and reporting on service performance standards.
Ensure that outstanding customer service is being delivered on a day to day basis in line with corporate and service standards.
Work flexibly and respond positively to changing business and user needs and carry out any other duties within the scope of the nature and grade of the post.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job