Exciting opportunity for an Adoptions Manager
Your new company
Our client is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews infrastructure across the UK.
Your new role
Working as an adoptions manager, you will -
- To ensure the timely Adoption of Roads, Sewers and Public Open space Areas.
- To liaise with and advise departments on Adoption and finishing works issues, interface matters and to co-ordinate information flow.
- To co-ordinate with the internal Technical department, Consultants, Statutory Authorities, Contractors, Bond providers and Solicitors to ensure the timely receipt of Maintenance and Adoption Certificates including the management of associated Bond reductions and cancellations to an agreed program.
- The ability to negotiate with and manage the requirements and expectations of Local and Statutory Authority Engineers, Inspectors and Representatives for all sites.
- The ability to recognise potential problems and solve them in a speedy, efficient and cost effective manner whilst ensuring the Company procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Provide detailed inspection briefs and relevant site information / records to allow for the timely provision of budgets / quotations from subcontractors / suppliers for associated elements of works with support from the Commercial department in assessing costs and raising orders.
- To keep a detailed record of payments and ensure the Adoption forecast is updated monthly in line with expenditure and site changes / requirements. Advise on overall costs to complete the development in respect of finishing works, Maintenance works through to Adoption. Work with the Finance team to produce and maintain accurate budgets / forecasts.
- Collate information for inclusion in the Health and Safety Plan as required.
- Co-ordinate pre-start meetings with remedial works contractors and agree site start dates in conjunction with the Construction team in accordance with agreed programme.
- Assist the Construction team with timely and pro-active approaches to finishing works, gain the Maintenance certification and apply for Adoption certificates, Bond reductions & cancellations to meet the program dates.
- Prepare and keep updated programmes with maintenance and adoption target dates for the benefit of the finance and technical department.
- Provide the administrative support / back up and assistance to the Adoptions Engineer, chase requests for certification and bond reductions.
- Attend site meetings, inspections and internal meetings / reviews as required.
- Manage the workload of field based Adoptions Engineer and Site Engineer.
- Answer customer care enquiries in a positive, pro-active, polite and timely manner.
- Providing advice, correspondence and evidence to support the company when receiving claims associated with completed works.
- Completion of outstanding Section Agreements and Technical Approvals where necessary.
- Assist with the timely delivery and handover of private works to Management Companies.
- Annual review of ongoing subcontractor works, provisions and orders.
- To manage, advise and assist the Land team with the residual land portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed
- Resilient, self-motivated and well organised.
- Ability to work to deadlines, meet programmes and manage others.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Commercial awareness and accurate interpretation of design drawings.
- Able to prepare, manage and maintain Adoption fees, costs and budgets.
- Ability to work under own initiative is a key requirement.
- Ability to apply forensic skills to unravel historic matters including supporting customer care issues.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job