Are you a highly-organised administrator looking to progress your career? Want to learn and grow with an established independent school as an Admissions Officer? If so, we want to hear from you.
Since the 1800s, West Buckland School has been a leader in education in North Devon. We have created opportunities for boys and girls to fulfil their academic potential and grow and develop as young people.
Now, we are looking for an Admissions Officer to join our growing team in Barnstaple.
- Competitive salary
- Pension and employee assistance programme
- Free parking and meals provided at lunchtime
- Exceptional facilities, including our fitness suite and staff swimming sessions
- Engaging role with clear progression opportunities
- Contribute to the success of a leading school
- Amazing location set in 100 acres on the edge of Exmoor
This is an exceptional opportunity to support the ongoing growth of one of the South West’s leading independent schools. You will have the chance to build on your existing expertise, gain valuable experience in the education sector and realise your full potential as part of a talented team.
As an Admissions Officer, you’ll provide a high level of support to our Admissions function to ensure new pupil recruitment targets are met.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist the Admissions Registrar with all elements of administration
- Provide an excellent level of service to families of prospective pupils
- Communicate with prospective parents and education agents, both in the UK and overseas
- Respond to prospectus requests, write letters and send out relevant information to new enquiring families
- Perform administrative tasks to support incoming international pupils who require visas
- Complete basic accounting tasks
To join us as an Admissions Officer, you will need:
- Experience in all aspects of administration, including letter writing and mail merging
- Previous experience of working with databases
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grade C or above
- Strong communication skills
- A confident telephone manner and great interpersonal skills
We’re eager to hear from individuals with experience as an Administrator, Admissions Assistant, Education Administrator, Office Clerk, Office Administrator, School Administrator, Admin Assistant or Admin Officer.
Candidates with experience as an EA, PA, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary or Admin Clerk are also encouraged to apply.
West Buckland School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service. The post is defined as being within the scope of Regulated Activity.
So, if you are seeking your next step as an Admissions Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job