Role title: Admissions Coordinator
Responsible to: Senior Admissions Coordinator
Purpose of role: To provide a fast, efficient and welcoming service for all customers, internal and external, proactively pursuing student recruitment and conversion on to academic courses, within the Central Admissions team.
The role: This is a full time role based in the Central Admissions department of a prestigious education establishment in Cambridge (UK). Duties include: processing enquiries and applications efficiently, maintaining the student database, issuing paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and working closely with colleagues from the Sales teams and centres. Normal working hours will be 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday) with your working hours being between 9.00am and 5.00pm.
Holidays and benefits: 25 days per calendar year, excluding UK public holidays.
- Process student applications from initial enquiry to arrival (or relevant stages within this), ensuring turn-around times within agreed standards of time and accuracy.
- Take overall responsibility for a regional or process area within the department and manage the processing of all applications and enquiries for that area, including working with the Sales team on conversion campaigns as required. This may include managing the work of colleagues, but not line management responsibility.
- Act as the Central Admissions specialist for that area.
- Act as the support for another area within the Admissions team, providing cover for the primary Admissions Coordinator during absences and support in busy periods.
- Take responsibility for a further specialism to be advised by the Director of Admissions (for example, Goldmine templates, Pearson testing, UCAS liaison).
- Provide assistance in general to other product/regional areas within the team as directed to ensure the team as a whole meets it turn-around promises.
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of student databases and agent information, both for internal purposes and for external compliance purposes.
- Prepare accurate and timely paperwork, including but not limited to offer letters, pre-arrival information and cases.
- Provide efficient and courteous communications with all customers, internal and external.
- Maintain positive and constructive relations with colleagues, particularly in the Sales team and centres.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the Central Admissions software and databases.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the portfolio of centres, courses, special offers, and the entry requirements in order to provide suitable advice to applicants, and to accurately assess applicants.
- Maintain a reasonable knowledge of compliance issues, including UKBA requirements, visa regulations, and OfSTED and other compliance requirements.
Essential and desirable criteria:
- Educated to A level or above
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to manage a busy workload, to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
- A high level of professionalism and excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Competent user of Microsoft office package
- A team player who will provide support as required to other areas within the team
- Experience of CRM systems/customer databases
- Experience of working in a global business and/or education environment
- Experience in a distance Sales environment
- Knowledge of the UKBA Points Based System
- Ability to speak a foreign language
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Admissions Coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job