JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT
LOCATION: WELLINGTON, TELFORD
JOB TITLE: ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT
HOURS: 8:30am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri, flexibility required (occasional weekend/evening)
THE COMPANY: Our client is a flourishing co-educational day and boarding school in a beautiful part of Shropshire. The site is well served by road and rail links and is a happy place to work. It provides an outstanding all-round education with a strong academic core. The school community is very strong, with excellent relationships between pupils and staff. The school is moving forwards with enthusiasm and energy, building on its many strengths. This is an exciting time to join the staff, and to contribute to the further development of the school.
THE ROLE: Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised administrator to work in their busy Admissions office.
Relevant experience of accurate data inputting in a busy environment, excellent computer literacy (MS Office) and keyboard skills are essential, as are first class communication skills. The role is fast-paced and will require an ability to work under pressure.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience of adapting to changing priorities and will have an understanding of the UK independent education system. Experience of working in a customer facing role and a knowledge of UK visas and immigration would be an advantage.
Are you/Do you have:
- Ability to lead and take on own initiative with commitment to providing an excellent service
- Able to provide an overview of wider strategies and developments that impact upon own working area
- Highly competent computer user; Word, Excel, databases
- Admissions and recruitment experience
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills as well as interpersonal effectiveness
- Show evidence of excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Customer service skills
- Good planning, motivation and self-organisation
- Have an aptitude for the efficient and consistent implementation of systems and processes plus the flexibility of mind to keep such systems under continual review
- Ability to use initiative and to adopt a proactive approach to problem solving
- Have strong organisational and administrative skills and a proven ability to multi-task and to work effectively under pressure
- Confident communicator able to explain and discuss education and student experience within the School
- Able to recognise and deal with obstacles and difficulties
- Able to deal with demanding situations and customers (parents, staff) in a calm, consistent, professional and friendly manner
- Possess an energetic, outgoing personality and be able to engage and communicate effectively and thoughtfully with a wide range of people from different walks of life and age groups
- Must have a flexible attitude to work and the ability to work some out of hours and weekends as required ie Open Days
Key Responsibilities of role:
- Dealing with phone, website and email admissions enquiries
- Sending out literature
- Meticulously maintaining the admissions database (RSAdmissions) ensuring that it is fully completed and fully up to date
- Arranging individual visits and tours
- Processing pupil applications
- Organising flights and itineraries for overseas travel
- Maintaining the UKVI Tier 4 information for prospective and current pupils
- Follow-up communications regarding exams and assessments
- Assisting with Taster day arrangements, emails and letters etc
- Managing database of visas/passports details as required by UKVI - current and prospective pupils
- Assisting with scholarship application processing and communications
- Coordinating Entrance Exams and Scholarship days
- Arranging and attending new pupil induction days
- Any other tasks required by the Registrar
- Carrying out any such duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
This is not an exhaustive list of requirements and responsibilities. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS certificate.
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the "apply now" button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"