Admissions and Attendance Officer
Full Address: Bell Farm Primary School, Hersham Road, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 5NB
Exact working hours:Monday to Friday for 38.33 hours per week
Any further details:
Term time only, plus five INSET days and two days during the school holidays (39.4 weeks).
About the Role
Admissions and Attendance Officer required for September 2018
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Admissions and Attendance Officer to join our inspiring and supportive team from September 2018. This role forms part of the school’s admin support as a member of the office team. The appointment will be Monday to Friday for 38.33 hours per week term time only, plus five INSET days and two days during the school holidays (39.4 weeks). The working time for this role is 8.20am until 4.30pm, with half an hour’s unpaid lunch break. This is a permanent position. Please see the attached job description for further details of the role.
The annual salary for the Admissions and Attendance Office role is as per S5 on the Surrey Pay Scale, with a range of £19,245 to £21,796 Full Time Equivalent. As this is a term-time only role the actual salary paid for this role is pro rata this amount, between £17,647 and £19,986.
Bell Farm School is a large and growing primary school with a nursery, that received a 'Good' Ofsted rating in 2015. They stated ‘Excellent leadership by the headteacher has enabled the school to make significant progress since its previous inspection. Teaching is effective, pupils achieve well and relationships are good. The school is improving rapidly’.
Bell Farm School is situated just over a mile away from the centre of Walton-on-Thames, a beautiful, vibrant town on the Thames with a recently renovated shopping centre with many excellent restaurants and an independent cinema. The school is only 15 minutes’ walk (0.7 miles) away from the station with fast trains to central London, taking from only 25 minutes. Elmbridge borough, where the school is located, was voted the second best place to live in the UK for quality of life (Halifax Quality of Life Survey, Dec 2014).
We can offer you:
- Individually tailored CPD. Bell Farm cares about its staff and their future career and is, therefore, committed to the development of inspired, confident and passionate staff.
- A supportive and strong Senior Leadership Team that leads the school with clear goals.
What is great about our school:
- Friendly, fun, welcoming and highly motivated staff.
- A team ethos whereby all staff support each other and share resources and good practice.
- We aim to achieve excellence in our pupils and staff.
- Well behaved children with great attitudes to learning.
- Beautiful grounds with an outdoor classroom enabling outdoor learning, including forest schools.
What our staff say about working at Bell Farm:
‘I started working at Bell Farm as a supply teacher, covering a teacher on maternity leave and very soon I realised that I would like to work at the school permanently due to the friendly staff and supportive environment. I was delighted when I was offered a permanent role in September 2015’, nursery class teacher.
As we value our staff, as well as the above, we also offer:
- An Employee Assistance Programme (offering around the clock, free, confidential assistance).
- Free teas and coffees during breaks.
- Free parking.
- MyBenefits: A reward scheme for employees of Surrey County Council, includes Childcare vouchers.
- A weekly Business Manager award, to reward and recognise a member of staff who has given outstanding contribution to the team.
- A termly reward to a member of staff drawn at random from those with 100% attendance.
We would encourage you to come and see our vibrant and exciting school for yourself. Please contact the school office onto arrange a visit.
Closing date: 8am Thursday 28 June 2018.
Interviews: Thursday 5 July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Bell Farm Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and if necessary will need to complete, satisfactorily, a childcare (disqualification) regulation, staff declaration form.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job