We are looking for an experienced Admissions Administrator to assist the Office Manager to process school admissions. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 after joining the highly successful group of Harris academies. This 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the new East Village complex, the academy serves the community to be established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham, Waltham Forest and nearby London Boroughs. In July 2015, Ofsted awarded Chobham Academy, Outstanding across every category for its first inspection since the school opened.
- To organise the nursery, primary and Secondary transfer process in liaison with Newham LA;
- To support in the organisation of the testing process for applicants;
- To liaise with Newham student services on a regular basis to ensure information regarding student enrolment is shared;
- To liaise with all queries from parents and carers regarding admissions, responding in a timely fashion with all of the necessary information;
- To ensure that admissions information is published accurately on the website, updated as required;
- To manage the appeals process, collecting all necessary documentation; liaising with clerks associate and presenting officer; finalising hearing dates and location;
- To manage casual admissions process under direction from the Assistant Principal with responsibility in this area;
Why work at Chobham Academy?
At Chobham Academy you will be working as part of a supportive team. In addition, we provide excellent professional development opportunities through the Harris Federation.
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A collaborative and welcoming staff team.
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above, or contact the school on .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job