£23,000 Per Annum
Our client is an industry leader in providing managed campus services, pre-university and university pathway programmes for domestic (Australia only) and international students. They conduct a wide range of activities in Asia, North America, Africa, Australia, Continental Europe and the United Kingdom. Their Colleges are modern and dynamic educational institutions committed to providing quality educational programmes and excellent student support in an environment that encourages students to achieve the best possible results in their studies. The UK colleges offer a wider range of undergraduate and postgraduate foundation and other programmes. The Colleges are all based on the campus of their Partner University and as such are Associate or Affiliate Colleges of their Partner University. Their students benefit from the range of facilities open to all University students.
The Admission Coordinator Role
The Admission Coordinator is expected to lead the College admission function working closely with the Admission and Recruitment Centre (ARC) and the University Partner’s (UP) Admissions and Compliance teams.
The Admissions Coordinator will work closely with the ARC to assist in the provision of the UK admission and compliance systems and processes. The Admissions Coordinator will also be required to establish strong links with the University Partner’s Admissions and Compliance teams, in order to ensure:
- Alignment to the University admission and compliance regulations and policies
- Complex Academic Board cases are resolved within agreed timeframes
- CAS are issued within agreed timescales
- Entry criteria for programmes are agreed as part of new programme approval
The Admissions Coordinator is expected to work effectively within a cross-functional College team environment.
Requirements for the Admission Coordinator Role
- Tertiary Level education or possess related sector qualifications/training
- Experience in Further/Higher Education customer services focused environment
- Good understanding of Higher Education admission processes
- Administrative and compliance knowledge and experience related to Tier 4
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of front-line customer relationship management
- Proven ability as a ‘team player’
- Proven ability to organise own workload and to cope with a variety of task demands
- Flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of student and administrative activities
- Creative thinking processes
- Commitment to self-improvement
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, interacting with a variety of cultural and ethnic stakeholder groups, including senior staff within the University Partner
- Computer literacy skills inclusive of demonstrated competence with the Microsoft Office suite – PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- File management and administrative skills
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of equal opportunity, equity and workplace health and safety principles
- Proactive work habits
- Possess a “can do” mentality
- Shine when under pressure
- Bonus Scheme: Access to incentive plan (10% of fixed salary)
- Access to company pension scheme
- 36 days inclusive of eight (8) Bank Holidays
Closing Date: 27 July 2018
If you feel you are suitable for their Admission Coordinator role, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'