Admiral Nurse Dementia Specialist
Admiral Nurse ( Dementia Specialist )
Full time (40 hours)
Salary: £50,000 plus bonus ( Band 7 )
Excellent, family run company with exciting plans for future development of their homes and staff.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse who has recent experience working with dementia residents / patients. You will be working in a fantastic home based in Winchester. You will receive support from all your colleagues in the home to ensure best practice is achieved at all times. Your ideas will be listened to and your knowledge will be pulled on making this a vital and pivotal role within the home and company. You will contribute and influence training and education programs to increase awareness of dementia to staff.
As an Admiral Nurse your role is to help improve dementia care within operational areas of the home. You will do this through the provision of specialist dementia nursing expertise in supporting families affected by dementia.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To manage and provide clinical leadership and contribute to the development the Admiral Nurse service within the group of homes.
- To provide and lead on the delivery of specialist nursing assessment, evidenced based intervention, practical advice and emotional support for family carers of people with dementia and people with dementia themselves, at all stages including bereavement.
- To lead on and offer expertise & guidance to professional colleagues, the general public and others in supporting family & relationship -centred approaches and best practice in dementia care.
- To contribute to and influence the development, evaluation and audit of this specialist area of practice and of the Admiral Nursing service.
- To promote and influence the delivery of evidence - based practice, including up-to-date clinical advice, support, liaison, and in negotiated circumstances education and training to other staff/agencies.
- To use the Admiral Nurse competency framework to support the development of own Admiral Nursing practice at an advanced level, and support the development of others.
- To contribute to and make effective use of Dementia UK Clinical Supervision and Practice
You must have Significant post-registration clinical experience of working with people with dementia and their carers/supporter/representatives in different settings. A clear NMC PIN is required.
For more information or to apply please call Rebecca on or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"