Job Title : Administrator
Salary : £11.00 - £11.50 per hour
Location : Newport
Hours Monday - Friday - 38.5 hours per week
Temporary on going
Job Role :
Our client is looking for an administrator to provide an efficient whole School reception service and clerical and administrative support for Senior School
- Carry out reception duties
- Maintain a tidy, welcoming and attractive reception area.
- Greet visitors and ensure they sign in and out of the Register of Visitors and are given ID security cards.
- Notify staff about visitors' arrivals and direct visitors, as required.
- Add new appointments to the morning or afternoon diary, as advised by staff, and allocate parking spaces for visitors.
- Ensure the reception area is secure and that confidential data and valuables are stored securely in cabinets or the safe.
- Regularly update the automated information screens.
- Answer calls promptly and pleasantly, respond to general queries and direct calls.
- Record messages accurately and relay them promptly
- Place the switchboard onto 'night service'/'day service' mode, as appropriate, and during holiday periods ensure the holiday answer machine message is set up
- Sort and distribute mail
- Inform staff about large parcels for collection and ensure any valuable items to be collected are stored securely
- Frank outgoing mail and ensure special requirements (eg first class, special delivery) are adhered to
- Ensure the franking machine is maintained and in credit
- Maintain the Senior School mail pigeon hole system in reception and staff room
- Maintain an up to date record of trips and social activities.
- Collect and securely store cash for trips and events.
General administration duties:
- Photocopy and scan documents, as requested by teachers, including pupils' documents onto Engage.
- Upload pupils' reports and amend pupil information on Engage.
- Provide administration support for the Examinations Officer and other Senior School staff.
- Liaise with the Senior School Administrators, maintain pupils' exam certification: keep issue logs up to date and obtain signatures of pupils to confirm receipt.
- Support other Senior School admin staff to collate and send mail outs to parents.
- Liaise with the Senior School Administrators to organize the Senior School staff mail pigeon hole system. To call out engineers to report faulty office equipment.
- Ensure stationery is:
- Stored in a locked cupboard and issue to Senior School staff only when requisitions are completed.
- Adequate by monitoring its issue, ordering new supplies and then checking and signing off orders to the authorized level.
First Aid service:
- Provide medical care for pupils, staff and visitors who report to the First Aid room and monitor their well being.
- Maintain a tidy and hygienic First Aid room and monitor the stock. To liaise with parents and teachers about sick pupils.
- Respond to requests for medical support at any School location.
- Administer medicines and medical items to Senior School pupils (ensuring compliance with parental consent) and record the dispensing of medicines.
Provide cover for the School Administrators and carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Head and/or relevant Director.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'