Wilmington PLC are looking for a Administrator (Charity & Legacy / Probate)
Administrator (Charity & Legacy / Probate)
Location: London - E1 8QS
Salary: £18,000 - £19,200
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
We want you because you are looking for an interesting and unique administration job role to provide you with a step into the world of Legacy or similar.
The unique administration role (known inhouse as a Will Reader & Reporter) will include exctracting and verifying information, online research and performing quality checks & validations so you will need good research and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and strong numeracy skills.
We are proud to say that many of our administrators have gone on to develop fantastic careers in interesting roles such as Legacy Officer, Legacy Assistant or general Legacy management within the Charity sector and have often ended up working in some of the best known Charities around.
This administration job role will also give you a fantastic grounding for areas such as probate, Law and roles within those fields including Legal Assistant; Legal secretary; Paralegal; Probate Administrator; Data entry and Database Management or even Fund-raising.
Smee & Ford (part of the Wilmington plc portfolio) is the UK’s leading provider of trusted legacy information and have over 125 years’ experience, reading through over 5,000 wills each week, identifying and reporting any charitable content.
Main Purpose of Role
As a will reader and will report writer you will work both autonomously and as part of the team reading all Scottish, English and Welsh Wills and accurately extracting those which contain charitable content and reporting on that content for our clients. We work to strict timelines so you'll need to be the sort of person who can focus and prioritise their workload to ensure that all wills are read within their allocated timeframes.
As with any role, there will also be the opportunity to work across other products and perform other tasks as and when required.
We love our customers who all do amazing jobs in their charitable communities so you’d be expected to also fulfil our customer care requirements - answering customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analysing and recording financial information;
- Identifying and reporting on any charitable content contained within relevant documents;
- Running quality assurance checks over the database to ensure accuracy;
- Online research to obtain further information;
- Displaying initiative by running queries to check quality of work and identify any gaps;
- Liaising with the Data Sales Team to ensure all customer queries are answered effectively;
- Any other tasks as and when required, including assisting other departments when necessary.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent Written and spoken English
- Strong numeracy skills - you’ll need to work out estate percentages!
- Experience in the same or similar detail-based reading/reporting role
- Excellent attention to detail - accuracy is vital to this role
- Flexibility and openness to change - Our business is growing so you'll need have the ability to adapt quickly
- Impeccable time management and organisational skills
- Self-motivation and a positive attitude
- Excellent interpretation skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'