We are currently recruiting an Administrator to support our Devon Activity and Countryside teams, taking responsibility for essential aspects of the delivery of our exciting work, ranging from conservation work with the countryside team, to running action packed watersports and land activities. Based at Roadford lake, play a key role in development of events on site, identifying new ways of using the site to increase visitor numbers and awareness of our environmental work.
Provide key administrative support to the Countryside and Recreation team, developing business and products, making sales, taking bookings and general admin/site duties. Assisting with the development of marketing, promotion and operating systems of the site, you will play a pivotal role within the wider team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all enquiries are responded to accurately in a timely manner. Administer bookings, deposits, payments and customer feedback in conjunction with the Centre Manager and Senior Warden.
- Provide administrative support for the site staff, answer telephones, respond to email enquiries and greet visitors to the Centre, giving and sending out information.
- Take responsibility for end of month Key Performance Indicators, meter readings and other frequent reporting.
- Maintain weekly staff time sheets and actively recruit and support volunteers.
- Cover reception duties out of season and train seasonal receptionists to support customer service duties during the busy summer season
- Operate a till and cash up on a daily and weekly basis.
- Assist the Impacts and Engagement team by updating social media and effectively responding to posts.
- Assist with the promotion and set up of open days, courses and special events on site, playing a key role in identifying new ways of using the site to increase visitor numbers and awareness of our environmental work.
- Assist with the development and marketing of the Activity Centre and Countryside activities.
- Promote the Friends of South West Lakes and other loyalty schemes on site, working with the Impacts and Engagement team to ensure up to date promotional material is on display.
- Support the Centre Manager and Senior Warden in financial procedures, including raising invoices and purchase orders.
- Work with the Countryside team to ensure the smooth and professional operating of the angling business including processing catch returns and boat bookings when required.
- Provide a point of contact for external contractors, obtaining quotes and ensuring relevant paperwork is in place.
- Manage the online booking system for the Activity Centre.
- Together with the team, take joint responsibility for keeping all areas of the site clean and tidy to present a professional image.
- Take responsibility for health and safety of colleagues, customers, contractors and self.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Trust.
- Experience working within a customer services / sales environment.
- Dealing with the general public
- Administrative experience.
- Operating a till and cash handling.
- Experience in a busy office answering telephones/ emails and carrying out office duties.
- Online booking system operation and maintenance
- Experience of social media platforms.
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- A versatile approach to working within a busy team.
- Mature approach to developing relationships at all levels.
- A willingness to learn new skills and to undertake training, if required.
- Highly flexible, willing to travel to other sites to work if required.
- Consistent clear and polite telephone manner.
- Ability to quickly learn in house systems.
- Enthusiasm and understanding of the outdoor natural environment.
- Minimum Maths and English GCSE.
- Recent Administration qualification
- Current clean driving licence.
- Level 2 Health and Safety certificate
- Level 2 First Aid
CLOSING DATE MIDNIGHT 03 FEB 2019
INTERVIEWS HELD WEEK COMMENCING 11 FEB 2019
- Microsoft Office
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'