Excellent organisational skills are essential for this role, along with the ability to work un-supervised using your own initiative. You will need to be able to develop excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels and communicate well with members of the public. A pro-active, flexible and professional approach to your work is vital.
We are looking for confident, enthusiastic and deeply committed individuals to provide a high-quality service to the Medical and Legal Admin Services team but also to our clients/customers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong Communication skills are required for engaging with customers and dealing/negotiating with their queries from point of contact.
- Ability to communicate with staff and clients in a pleasant and effective manner.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a medical or legal environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience of complex diary management using electronic calendars.
- A good level of English language and grammar with experience of proofreading documents which require a high command of the English language including medical terminology.
- Familiarity with using document management systems.
- Comfortable working in an environment where work may need to be rescheduled.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focus.
- Ability to manage all aspects of administration in accordance with the requirements of the clients.
- Ability to be self-motivating, innovative and work without supervision.
- Highly organised and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Good typing and keyboard skills.
- Familiarity with using office equipment such as scanners and photocopiers.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- We would also expect a high level of integrity as you will have access to confidential records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Entering client’s records onto systems such as clinic office and creating client files when new instructions received.
- Provide customers with expert’s terms and conditions where needed.
- Request/chasing medical records and the evidence needed to administer the report.
- Arranging and following up on appointments with clients and solicitors.
- Managing external room bookings for our medical experts.
- Record and manage dictations.
- Typing dictations when required.
- Proof reading medical reports.
- Deal with complex telephone enquiries promptly and efficiently seeking advice from the office Manager where necessary.
- Diary Management for experts, liaising with other members of the team appropriately.
- Maintain and secure correspondence, records and documents relating to the clients.
- Resolve administrative enquiries/inquiries and prepare written responses to these.
- Maintain internal computer records and filing systems.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of policies, procedures, services and relevant legislation.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Carrying out general clerical duties to include filing, typing, photocopying and scanning.
- Process incoming correspondence and respond appropriately.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
HOURS OF WORK: (37.5 hours per week, Mon- Fri)
BENEFITS: (Healthcare scheme & Pension)
Driving licence not essential however due to the location it is desirable.
- Medical Records
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'