Transport Administrator - Permanent - Telford
L & C Consulting are now recruiting for a new Transport Administrator with a rapidly growing, successful business in Telford. Joining a stable team, this new role will suit a professional, eager applicant and comes with ample rewards and promotion prospects. The role will require some flexibility in your shift pattern, so you must have flexibility with your approach to working hours.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Support route planning to maximise vehicle utilisation/driver hours whilst maintaining the pre-defined delivery times in line with customer SLA’s
- Liaise with the wider teams to ensure that operational requirements are met
- General administrative duties to support planning and the department
- Communicate plans and start times with all drivers
- Monitor all delivery and collection runs, ensuring that deliveries and collections are on time
- Deal with customer, supplier and internal queries
- To provide and/or amend transport/shipping quotations
- Coordinate exports/imports and associated documents accurately
- Communicate with the planner and process delivery and collection information as required
- To carry out vehicle checks and maintenance
- Overseeing of vehicle loading
- To be available to be on call out of hours on a rotation basis
To be considered for this excellent opportunity in a growing business, you will ideally have worked in a similar transport / logistics role, but administration and customer service experience within manufacturing or logistics based environments will also be considered.
This is an extremely busy and demanding role and requires flexibility and commitment.
You will ideally have the ability to work under pressure, be extremely well organised, be adept at multi-tasking and have excellent communication skills.
You will also need to be IT literate and own transport is also ideal due to location and hours.
The site is commutable from Telford, Wolverhampton, Shifnal, Bridgnorth, Perton, Shrewsbury, Newport, Market Drayton etc
Alternative job titles could include Transport Administrator, Transport Co-ordinator, Transport Supervisor, Transport Clerk, Transport Desk Admin, Transport Desk Clerk, Logistics Admin, Logistics Co-ordinator, Transport Administrator etc
L & C Consulting
Specialising in the recruitment of permanent and 'temp to perm’ roles in the Shropshire area -you’ll find we provide a professional but friendly, efficient, system driven recruitment service - where we remember that people do matter. Offering a full recruitment service across a variety of sectors; we continuously strive to ensure we give an honest, reliable service.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within four working days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
With a wealth of specialist knowledge in the local, recruitment market, L & C Consultingare an employment agency working on behalf of our clients. L & C Consulting is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job