Simpson Millar LLP recognise that everyone wants a service that suits their needs, which is why we have developed a range of products and services that are simple, transparent and have no hidden surprises. We provide a wide range of legal services, including: Family, Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Public Law, conveyancing, employment, road traffic accidents and holiday claims.
We now have a vacancy in our Manchester office for an Administrator to join our team.
To assist the day to day running of the office and assist fee earners with all administrative tasks as and when they arise to ensure an efficient and professional working practice.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring the telephone is answered and callers are responded to appropriately, dealing with queries, taking messages and communicating and recording the messages efficiently.
- Managing all typing, monitoring when it has been sent to the Float Department and ensuring it is returned in specified times.
- Printing all dictation typed by the Float Department and assembling all documentation, dealing with any relevant enclosures, instruction notes etc.
- Undertaking filing and photocopying to a high standard.
- Data entry and up-keep of the in-house Case Management system, databases and normal office IT systems.
- Making appointments and arranging meetings, hearings and conferences and ensuring meeting rooms are booked if appropriate.
- Preparing files for costing and liaising with external suppliers and firms internal accounts / costs department as necessary to ensure invoices and fees are paid and that files are promptly billed under supervision.
- Closing files ensuring all original documents sent back to the client.
- Proven experience of administrative work
- Ability to work on your own initiative within a team environment
- A well organised approach to work
- An ability to work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- Experience of working within a Personal Injury/Family Department or within a legal profession would be advantageous but not essential.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity to be our new Administrator, click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job