Skills: Admin, Customer Service, order processing, Sales, office assistant, MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, communication skills
Benefits: Pension, 20 days holiday (plus an extra day each year up to 25 days) plus bank holidays, onsite parking, full training provided
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm (4.30pm finish on Fridays!)
About the company
This well-established company pride themselves on providing high quality, knowledgeable customer care. A trade only specialist in innovative lighting and electrical products they supply superior products at competitive prices to major national retailers, wholesalers, independent and online vendors.
What will your working week be like?
If you are searching for variety in your next position then this is the job for you!
From Administration to Customer Service, Account Management to Marketing this job offers a little bit of everything. Your basic duties will be supporting the Sales department with sales order processing, customer enquiries and stock management, but this role offers so much more... Duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of call for telephone queries, providing an efficient service and technical support
- Typing up correspondence including letters, emails,faxes, quotations, presentations, spreadsheets, contact reports, product input forms, cost sheets etc.
- Distributing and filing paperwork, managing and updating job files on a daily basis
- Handling of all support e-mails and enquiries accordingly
- Creation, maintenance and administration of sales data for key accounts, ensuring any relevant information is relayed directly to the Supply Chain team
- Liaising with customer buyers, stock co-ordinators, quality control departments, accounts and logistics to ensure all aspects of the order progression, delivery times and invoicing format meet the criteria agreed with the customer
- Handling or redirecting all customer enquiries with regard to new account procedure, product information, delivery methods and payment options
- Maintaining and developing key sales accounts by booking meetings, ensuring up to date distribution of product portfolio amongst accounts and sourcing new distribution options.
- Interfacing with the buying department and liaising with overseas suppliers regarding order progression and enquiries, prices, lead times, packaging, certification, quality inspection and shipping/delivery to enhance efficiency of solutions to accounts
- Taking photos and enhancing and amending them for presentations and distribution to customers
- Liaising with departments in the development of new artwork and instructions for products, packaging and sales literature and implementing any required actions
- Organising office team events such as Christmas functions and summer activities
- Contributing to the overall company sales strategy by providing forecasts, views and ideas on the development of the business and internal systems
Who will suit this role?
- Minimum of 6 months experience in office based Administration
- Good IT Skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally experience using Photoshop
- Ability to multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines and targets
- Strong attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Well-organised and able to use initiative to solve problems
- Enthusiastic, proactive and keen to learn
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- Customer Service
- office assistant
- order processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job