Administrator - Membership Processes
20 hours per week, Permanent
Circa £10,286 to £11,428 (£18 - £20k per annum)
The IET is seeking a confident administrator to join the membership team and support the team in managing membership processing and information gathering.
You will be responsible for supporting the Membership Process Team by managing the chase-up spreadsheet - making the required number of calls per week and replying to emails, ensuring we receive the required information for processing membership assessments in a timely manner.
This is an exciting role for a customer focused individual who is motivated by a genuine desire to help customers! You will be confident on the phone with a willingness to make and receive calls, and communicate with people at all levels.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is adaptable and able to work to deadlines. Strong IT skills, particularly in word, Excel and MS Outlook, are essential.
The role is being offered part time at 20 hrs per week - to be worked at 4 hrs per day (Monday to Friday). However, start and finish times are negotiable with the successful candidate.
Please send in your application as soon as you are ready - we are actively recruiting and may draw the role to close when suitable applications are received. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- To support assist the chase-up process by producing necessary reports of applicants on hold and following up all UK applicants with a telephone call and international applicants with a call or email depending on time zones and availability.
- Make sure information received is passed onto the Membership Assessors to process in a timely manner.
- Downgrade new member applications where sufficient supporter verification has not been received.
- To ensure all tasks are carried out to high quality standards within deadlines and service level agreements.
- To take part in any process or procedure reviews and identify and feedback any suggestions on improvements to the processes.
- To perform to quality and quantity standards of performance set by line manager and act on any feedback.
- To provide accurate and detailed information to members and applicants, in line with departmental procedures or as agreed with the Team Manager.
- To have a good level of competency and knowledge of how the internal systems and database work and bring any errors to the attention of the line manager.
- To manage the assessment and member progress email inboxes responding to queries accurately and in a timely manner when required.
- Contact members who have requested a resignation to find out reason and try to reverse the decision
- Proactively contact members to upgrade current status using the resources available.
- Target Student members who are coming to the end of their course to prevent lapsing and keep IET engagement.
- Process the daily post
- Support the Third Party Scheme Coordinator/Administrator when required.
- Monitor the assessment inbox for bounce backs
- Educated to a minimum of A level or equivalent
- Customer focused - motivated by a genuine desire to help customers and solve their problems
- Confident telephone manner and a willingness to make/receive calls
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to organise and priorities own workload and work on own initiative.
- Team player with the ability and willingness to work across the various teams.
- Must be reliable and able to work to strict deadlines and under constant pressure
- Able to work effectively and positively in an environment of constant and rapid change.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, e-mail.
- High level of accuracy for data entry and excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- A Basic Disclosure checks which will be conducted at the start of employment and then every two years.
- HNC/HND Graduate or equivalent
- Experience of working on a PeopleSoft CRM system
- Previous inbound/outbound telephone experience an advantage
- Previous customer service experience
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- Process Improvement
- Telephone Manner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job