Administrator - Saffron Walden
We offer a wide range of care and support services throughout East Anglia and in to Greater London.
30 Hours per week
Manorcourt Homecare, the homecare services division of residential care provider Healthcare Homes, specialises in delivering a range of care packages to people who wish to remain in their own homes for as long as possible.
At Manorcourt Homecare, we are passionate about providing truly person-centred care and support services that are fully tailored to meet the individual needs of each and every person requiring an in-home care package.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that MAR charts are collected and audited monthly.
- Compile and send out to care workers reports of any errors on the appropriate forms, and arrange to meet with care workers to explain if needed.
- Keep a comprehensive record of all issues relating to medication and ensure notes are added to the Staff Plan Journal as necessary.
- Be available to take calls from care workers, service users, district nurses or GPs concerning medication.
- Hold on-call phone where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate any medication changes that arise throughout the week
- Organise care workers availability for any medication training courses that need to be completed.
- Liaise with care plan assessors to ensure that assessments take place for new service users, that the correct paperwork is in the service user’s homes and ensure that these are updated and amended when care plan changes take place.
- Attend team meetings as necessary.
- Attend meetings with district nurses and/or GPs.
- Inform care staff of any changes or updated information.
- Report any concerns regarding care workers or service users.
- Liaise with other professionals to implement all medication changes.
- File all completed MAR charts in service user’s folders.
- Attend training as necessary and adhere to the Company's policies and procedures at all times.
- Telephone calls must be answered and dealt with promptly, politely and courteously regardless of whom you are speaking to.
- Treat all colleagues and service users equally and respectfully, in line with equal opportunities.
- You will be expected to work every other weekend.
- Hands on Care will also be required.
- On occasions you may be required to work additional hours when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every service user is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
- previous administration experience is essential
- A knowledge or previous experience of a healthcare environment would be desirable.
- excellent planning and organisation skills are desirable
- excellent IT and communication skills both written and verbal
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working within the homecare industry.
- Working knowledge of regulatory frameworks, inspection processes and documentation.
- Understand service provision in the care profession.
- Care/support worker and service user matching.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems.
- Experience of undertaking service users assessment, care/support plan, risk assessment and reviewing documents.
- Previous knowledge of report preparation.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Ability to achieve results
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
Education and Qualification
General secondary education qualifications.
Level 3 certificate in health and social care or equivalent is desirable but not essential as an opportunity to undertake training will be provided.
Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this role.
We offer a rewarding benefits programme and competitive salary for our Care Workers which include:
- You will be paid for your Induction and Training
- We will pay for mileage and travel time (for Care Calls)
- 28 days paid holiday.
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension scheme
The successful candidate will be required to complete enhanced DBS.
Manorcourt Homecare is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by the CQC.
This is a fantastic time to join Manorcourt Homecare, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job