Hays Education- Administrator- £21,692 FTE
Your new company
Hays Education are currently working in partnership with a secondary school based in North Leeds. The school offers a diverse learning environment for all pupils and they actively encourage interactive and investigative learning.
Your new role
The Governors of this friendly school seek to appoint a highly capable School Administrator with the drive and ambition, working under the direction of the Principal. The successful applicant will provide general administrative support contributing to the efficient operation of the office, developing and maintaining a range of administration, human resource and finance systems. Confidentially is essential along with the ability to cope under pressure. Maintaining a friendly, courteous and professional manner with children, parents, staff and visitors is essential.
The position requires the applicant to:
- Work as part of a team to provide customer focused services including office reception duties and routine clerical work.
- Maintain and develop manual and computerised records for finance and human resources information.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a positive approach to working effectively with all members of the school community.
- Prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Undertake general administrative duties such as photocopying, filing and accurate record keeping etc.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Competent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher are essential. Knowledge of SIMS is essential. Whilst experience in an educational setting would be desirable it is not essential. You will need to be able to demonstrate your IT and organisational skills.
The role will require you to work Monday through Thursday 8.30am until 4.30pm, and Fridays 8.30am until 4.00pm with half an hour for lunch.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you must have previously worked within an education environment, using SIMS and various Microsoft Office packages. You must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with pupils, parents, visitors and your colleagues.
What you'll get in return
If you are successful you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, term time only hours and full training & support from the school.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job