Skills: education sector experience, reliability, committed, excel and word skills, attention to detail, front of house reception, strong communicator - successful candidate will be subject to DBS clearance
Hours: 8:45 - 17:00
About the Company
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for this college in their new world class building. The College’s reputation as the leading vocational College in East Surrey has been confirmed by Ofsted in the 2015 report.
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective administrative service to the Department’s Management team. There will be a requirement for the post holder to work flexibly and ensure that there is appropriate cover provided according to the demands of the service, which may include evenings and weekends.
What will your working week be like?
- Assist with departmental organisation and take part in key College events, such as enrolment, Open Day/Evenings etc
- Assist the Head of Department in the effective collation of retention data, learner surveys and other documentation as required
- Enrolling learners on courses as directed. This will include using the College’s Management Information System and processing fee payments
- Process course cancellations and refunds
- Arranging meetings, including accommodation and provision of refreshments, preparing and circulating documentation
- Respond to queries in a timely and professional manner, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
- Attend meetings, prepare agendas and take minutes as required
- Managing diaries for the departmental team
- Working with the members of the department to ensure the timely and accurate recording of sickness, annual leave and other absence of staff, ensuring the data collected is communicated to the HR Department
- Ensuring that stocks of stationery and office supplies are maintained
- Using and maintaining College database systems. Using, creating and maintaining simple databases and spreadsheets as required
- Developing and maintaining effective filing systems for the storage and prompt retrieval of information/papers
- Co-ordinating a register system
- Co-ordinating part-time teaching contracts and sessional claims
- Co-ordinating financial records
- Carry out any other administrative duties including (but not limited to): opening & distributing post, letter preparation, e-mail communications, CRMS updating and dissemination of other key information
Who will suit this role?
The ideal candidate will be available immediately and will ideally hold experience of administration duties. You must have the maturity to confidently manage students between the ages of 14 to 18, to support and guide them throughout further education.
- Strong MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint experience
- Strong attention to detail, planning and coordinating
- Experience of administration systems
- Grade C or above GCSE Maths & English
- Results Focus; Drive to Achieve Excellence, Technical Skills & Professionalism
- Focus on Delivery; Organisational Awareness, Customer/Student Focus
- Self Motivation; Adaptability & Flexibility, Accountability
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords; education sector, administration, office support, team admin, team support, Graduate, Redhill, Horley, Merstham, Reigate, Secretary
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- attention to detail
- education sector experience
- excel and word skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job