Administrator X3 in Assessment Processing
Contract: Full-Time, Fixed-Term until December 2018
Salary: £17,000 - £21,300
*Previous applicants need not apply*
What it’s about
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administrator, primarily based within the Vocational Assessment Processing team, in Operations. This is a flexible skills-based role that contributes to the efficient and accurate administration and despatch of OCR Entries and Results as well as assisting in a range of tasks that follows the exams processing cycle.
What you’ll be doing
You will be:
- Responsible for completing a range of tasks while moving the exams processing cycle; following instructions, meeting deadlines or levels of throughput and quality checking the outcomes to comply with agreed quality standards.
- Report any processing exceptions not covered by the working instructions so that the appropriate course of action may be agreed. Report any processing failures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise temporary staff during peak processing periods and support other administrators within the department.
- Provide effective input into the planning and review of admin processes and al User Acceptance Test current and new systems, reporting defects and possible solution.
- Provide a positive and professional service to customers, ensuring enquiries are managed effectively.
The work could involve any of the following activities:
- Data entry and the associated quality checking
- Producing, maintaining and executing relevant tasks associated with the exam series results schedules
- Support of all assessment processing tasks when needed
- Supervising temporary staff in peak processing weeks
- Involvement with the on-going review and enhancement of our systems and processes
- Provide data to support management reports
- Dealing with administrative enquiries direct from examination centres and customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Numeracy and literacy skills
Decision-making - able to apply knowledge of role and area in order to make sound business decisions and escalate where appropriate
- Communication - explain ideas clearly and fluently both written and verbal
- IT - able to use software packages to produce appropriate materials
- Numeracy - able to interpret data comfortably
- OCR’s processing systems - must understand the cause and effect of processing steps
- Specifications - must understand the structure, business rules and the regulatory context that govern their operation
- Accurate with data when using Microsoft Excel and Word, or other internal systems.
- 'Can do’ attitude - determined and resourceful in order to deliver the best results for the business within the agreed timescales and resources.
- Strong team player, diplomatic, trustworthy, pragmatic and personable
- Accurate and efficient - strives to work to the highest levels possible at all times.
- Flexible and adaptable - can take on board new ideas and concepts quickly and easily
- Collaborative - able to work effectively and inclusively with a range of people, both internal and external to the business
- Willing and able to make decisions within a clearly defined area and happy to take responsibility for them.
- Focused on giving the best customer service by phone or e-mail
- Highly motivated and able to manage their time effectively to meet tight deadlines
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22 April 2018.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job