To support the management team working within the ITV Newsroom (or other newsrooms as and when required) as part of the Administration team. Plan and maintain staff/freelance rosters to provide the required level of cover and capability for each area to meet programme requirements.
• Responsible for creating, publishing and maintaining rosters for staff and freelance across ITV News
• Record/amend hours worked and absences for employees
• Manage working hours of each individual in line with the Working Periods policy
• Make changes to published roster as and when required to ensure programme requirements are met whilst understanding cost implications and adhering to working guidelines
• Book freelancers in line with finance tax and employment status guidelines
• Authorise weekly cost sheets for all booked freelance documenting cost, reason, etc.
• Maintain the freelance pool
• Authorise staff payment uplifts
• Cover for other Administrators as and when required
• Understand HR policies to ensure all staffing issues across the department are dealt with efficiently, effectively and consistently
• Support the Head of Staffing Administration on extra projects as and when required
• Experience of managing rosters/using roster software highly desirable
• Robust attitude to asking staff to work/change rosters
• Excellent organisational, forward planning and time management skills
• Strong problem solving skills and able to think creatively
• Awareness and understanding of the financial implications of all decision making
Please note that interviews will be taking place the week commencing 12th February 2018.
Equal Opportunities Policy
This Job Description identifies the main requirements of the role. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
ITN is an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- General Admin
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job