The College Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Student Support team to ensure the best possible student experience for both new and returning students. This will include working within a small team on issues relating to student allocations, Welcome and Orientation Week and other administrative tasks ahead of the new academic year. Accurate and efficient data entry skills will be a key part of this role.
- Provide a responsive and proactive support service for students of the College.
- Focus on checking student requirements to ensure the delivery of excellence with the frontline student experience.
- Respond to students and members of University staff answering and recording standard queries and bookings for activities such as student support appointments.
- Contribute to the planning of team activities, work and deadlines to ensure the smooth running and timeliness of service.
- Solve day-to-day routine problems and source background information within the role.
- Record data and information accurately and provide reports as required to team members and more experienced staff.
- Operate a booking and enquiry service and process requests finding solutions or escalating queries where necessary.
- Flexible in approach to accommodate the needs of team members and/or students.
- Assist team members to organise, plan and prepare for events, meetings and activities.
- Apply professional and regulatory procedures and processes and use of systems.
- Liaise and collaborate with staff in other areas of the organisation to ensure a seamless, smooth and efficient service.
- Resolve queries and requests for information and advice and escalate more specialist and complex queries or issues to more experienced team members.
- Work with team members to ensure the timeliness and relevance of services.
- Apply recognised professional and/or organisational service level standards to enhance the student experience.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers and specialists with the organisation, planning and delivery of services, activities and events.
- Work with team members and others across the organisation to prepare for the delivery of activities and events.
- Record, collate, analyse, store and report data and information on the level and uptake of services and quality of experience.
- Compile, record, store and archive data and information to ensure the accuracy and safety of information.
- Provide service and support for networks, committees and meetings, to draft and distribute documents and communications in standard professional formats.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Specific role requirements
- Administrative and data entry support for the Student Support team at Hild Bede with specific responsibility for tasks relating to Welcome and Orientation, allocations and student experience.
- This is an office-based role at the College of St Hild & St Bede, Durham University.
- Hours may be worked flexibly around other commitments but some consistency in working pattern would be preferred.
If you would be interested in being consider for an immediate start, please send through your CV asap.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of GEM Partnership Ltd, who are operating as an Employment Business."
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'