Our client is a long standing professional financial planning firm. They work with a number of interesting individuals and families. The focus of their service is to help their clients use their money as fuel to live happy and fulfilling lives.
The service revolves around an initial financial plan which is completely independent of products or policies. It may be that a new client approaches them with a particular product-related issue or need, but unless they are willing to have (and see the value of) a full financial plan then they would not take them on.
Their clients’ hopes and aspirations are the drivers for their plans rather than a product related issue.
Some describe the service as that of a financial GP!
For investments they select a range of managers who complement each other. They do not believe that they have the skill or expertise to make asset allocation decisions. The aim by blending managers is to preserve capital and do well in protecting values in turbulent or falling markets, while others seek higher returns and capture more of a sharply rising market but will not be as well insulated against market falls.
It is important to work well in a small team. The purpose of this role is to enhance and develop the company’s service to its clients.
• Setting up our current processes on new back office system (Intelligent Office) and keep the team up-to-date on any system developments
• Monitoring the effectiveness of administration processes and providing suggestions for improvement
• Attending regular staff meetings and providing updates on how transactions are proceeding
• Buying and selling investments using an online dealing system
• Being an effective problem solver
• Dealing with client application forms and payments in line with our process and regulations
• Arranging and monitoring the transfer of investments into and out of the investment account
• Regularly checking clients’ investment accounts to make sure there is sufficient cash for fees and reporting the position to planners
• Investing client's regular contributions/cash payments into their investment accounts following a documented process
• Taking instruction from financial planners and financial planning assistants and following the appropriate process
• Contacting companies by phone, letter or email to obtain information on client's investments or policies
• Following up requests for information, checking the information received and passing on to planners or financial planning assistants
• Maintaining client transaction records to ensure they contain all the necessary documentation (and are kept up to date)
• Scanning away files and submitting to Compliance for checking.
• Keeping compliance registers up-to-date. For example, logging all transactions
• Forwarding annual tax reporting packs for each client
• Answering telephone (not solely responsible - we all do this)
• Greeting clients when they visit the office (not solely responsible - we all do this)
• Providing cover for diaries, telephone and email if other staff are absent or away
• Maintain client's details on our system. This will include regular reviews to ensure all data is 'clean’ and up to date
• Attending and contributing to market meetings
• Keeping and updating client time sheets (we each do our own)
• Assist in the preparation of client invoices
• Enthusiasm and passion for the role• A professional approach• A friendly open nature• An active contributor
• A people person who is fun to work with• Happy to go the extra mile• Calm under pressure• A can-do attitude
• Flexibility, if necessary. Willing to work a little later or start a little early during busy times
Skills and Qualifications
Expert in Word and Excel• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Powerpoint
• Expert in IO• An eye for detail• Methodical• Excellent inter-personal skills, happy to take instruction and collaborate on tasks• A good problem solver - able to head off potential problems before they emerge• Excellent spelling and grammar• Excellent numeracy/arithmetic• Excellent record keeping and paper management• Strong organisational skills and time management• Excellent follow through on tasks
Life cover of 2 x salary Phi cover to pay 50% of salary after 3 months illness or incapacity
- General Admin
- Microsoft Word
- Office Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job