One of the best known facts about Lidl is that the quality of our fresh produce is second to none! Working hard to manage the supply and availability of this stock throughout the UK is our Fresh Produce department, who now require a vigilant and highly organised individual to join their busy, fast-paced team.
With a keen eye for detail, you will be responsible for the accuracy of our daily stock situation, liaising with our Regional Distribution Centres and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of the Fruit and Veg process, responding to any issues as they arise.
This is a maternity cover support role with the potential to progress into a permanent position.
What will you do?
- Regular communication with suppliers and Regional Distribution Centres regarding all freshness related enquiries
- Updating, maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of pricing information using our bespoke systems (WAWI)
- Regular liaison with our Head Office in Germany
- Dealing with quality issues as they are reported
- Working on various freshness related projects
- Processing invoices and other ad-hoc administrative tasks
- Saturday and Sunday work will be required on a rotational basis to support and monitor the weekend Fruit and Veg process (approximately every 6 weeks and time is given back in lieu)
What will you need?
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is essential
- German language skills are highly advantageous
- Strong Word and Excel skills with a genuine interest in working with numbers
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy deadline-driven team environment
- Have a professional telephone manner and the ability to remain polite while being assertive when necessary
- Possess a keen eye for detail
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines
What do we offer?
- Earning £22,000 (pro rata) per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 30 days holiday pro rata per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job